With the digital stage we are in now, it is essential to protect our digital data. Our smartphones are not just for calls, there are a lot of things you can do such as surfing through the internet, saving vital information, and watching videos.
To secure your apps, you will have to download third-party apps but fortunately, Samsung phones can use the inbuilt lock app. In this article, you will be learning how to lock apps on Samsung using S Secure or Secure Folders.
An essential thing to add to your device apps now is an app lock. It is important to have an additional layer of security on your Samsung phone to avoid use by unauthorized persons. You can easily lock apps on your Samsung phone using the built-in app lock folder.
With the S Secure or Secure Folder in your device, you can quickly lock and mask apps from unauthorized users. However, you need to activate the App lock in your Samsung phone from the settings menu. Also, if the S Secure or Secured Folder is not found on your device, you can manually download it from Galaxy Store.
Lock Samsung Apps Using Secure Folder
Secure Folder is a setting exclusive to Samsung phones running One UI 4 and later. With the folder on your device, you can also hide photos, videos, files, and lock apps. To use the secure folder to lock apps on your phone, use the steps below;
- Select Settings on your Samsung phone and tap on “Biometrics and Security”.
- Then tap on “Secure Folder”.
- Now, tap on “Agree” on the splash screen and create or sign in to your Samsung account.
- Then select the lock type you want. Choose Pattern, PIN, or Password, or scan your biometrics if available.
- Continue by entering your lock selection and then confirm it.
- To proceed, select “Secure Folder” from the app menu or drawer and tap Add apps.
- Select the apps you’d like to lock or add to the secure folder and tap ADD.
- From the pop-up menu, select Lock and Exit.
You have locked the selected apps you want into the Secure Folder. Whenever you wish to open a locked app, you will be prompted to enter the security key or biometrics.
Lock Samsung Apps Using S Secure
You can use the traditional app lock from Samsung. With this app, you can mask and lock apps on your Samsung phone. Follow the steps below to lock apps;
- Download S Secure from the Galaxy store on your Samsung phone.
- Once the app is installed, you can easily lock and mask apps.
- Tap on the settings app under lock apps and you will be prompted to enter your lock screen password.
- When the S Secured is open, you can set the app lock, which could be a PIN, Password, or Pattern.
- Tap on locked apps and select add to add the apps that you wish to lock on your Samsung phone.
Just like that, the selected apps will be locked and can only be accessed after inputting the security key. Have in mind that, if the app is deleted from your device, all locked apps will be unlocked again.
How To Lock Samsung Apps Using Norton App
A third party that you can safely use to lock apps on your Samsung phone is Norton. It is available on the Play Store. Use the steps below to use the Norton app to lock applications on your smartphone;
- Star by installing the Norton app into your Samsung device.
- Launch and grant the necessary permissions.
- Now, set up a Pattern, PIN, or Password for the lock.
- Use your Google account for Security Key recovery in case you forget.
- Select Continue
- On the S Secure app, tap on the padlock next to an app you’d like to lock.
Use the last step above to lock the apps you want to lock on your Samsung phone.
Locking the apps on your Samsung is important because others cannot have access to your folders and apps without the security key. In this article, we have listed about three effective methods to use and lock the apps you want to make private on your Samsung phone. Make sure to share this post with your friends. Furthermore, the comment section is open for you to share your thoughts and opinions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Samsung have App Lock?
You can use S Secure or Secured Folder on your Samsung phone to lock the apps you want. Or you download third-party apps like Norton from the Google Play store.
Can you put a password on apps?
Yes, you can put a password on apps that you wish to lock or mask. There are third-party apps that you can download from the play store.
How do I put locks on my apps Android?
To put locks on your Android device apps;
- Open the Settings tab on your phone and select Security or Biometrics.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the Settings screen and find “App lock”.
- Once you tap on app lock, you will be prompted to set a private password.
- Tap set password.
- Enter the password you’d like to use when locking apps and reenter to confirm it.
- If the option to include a security question pop up, provide the answer needed and tap on Done.
- Now, to protect your apps from unauthorized users, select the apps you want to lock and tap “Lock”.
How do I lock apps on my Samsung 2022?
On your Samsung phone, go to settings and select Biometrics and Security. Then choose lock type and tap on “Secure Folder”. Choose between using a PIN, Pattern, Password, or biometrics options such as IRS or Fingerprint. Create the security key you want and add the apps that you’d like to lock.
What is the best app lock for Samsung?
If you are opting to use a third-party lock app on your Samsung phone, then the Norton app is your best bet. There are app locks you can install from the Play Store but Norton App is quite unbeatable.
Can you lock app folders on Samsung?
With Secure Folder, you can lock app folders on your Samsung Phone. You can get the secure folder set up from your device’s Settings app.
Also, Check Out: