If you don’t wish for people out of your circle to see certain pictures or photo albums on your profile, you can make them private. Yes, that is possible. Facebook allows users to private their pictures and the process can be done using the web or mobile app. If you have clicked on this article to learn how to make photos private on Facebook.
There are a lot of reasons why you want your photos private on Facebook. However, to help tackle the issue of unwanted people viewing your photos, Facebook has customizable settings to help you restrict unwanted access. You can hide your photos from the eyes of others.
Facebook is not just a platform for making friends but a great saving tool. With the platform, you can upload your picture and videos to save them. With the privacy settings, you can hide the ones you don’t want people to see. Now, let’s find out how to make your photos private on the Facebook platform.
How Do I Make My Photos on Facebook Private?
Making your photos private can be done easily. Also, you can make a photo album private as well. The easiest way to make your pictures private on Facebook is by using the old method, so follow the directives below;
Make Photos Private on Browser;
- Open the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Then select “Photos of You” or Your Photos in the section.
- Now, locate the photo you want to make private and click on it.
- Select the privacy icon at the upper right side of the post.
- Choose the privacy of that picture for either; friend. Friends except, specific friends or only me. Anything other than the public is good.
The new privacy setting of the picture will be automatically saved.
How to Make Photos Private on Facebook App
If you are using a smartphone, you can make your photos private with the Facebook mobile app, using the steps below;
- Open the app and then select “Photos”.
- Then, select the “Photos of You or Uploads” button and tap on the picture you want to make private.
- Tap on the three dots at the upper right side and select “Edit Post Privacy” from the menu.
- Lastly, select the privacy setting you want for the picture.
You can choose any of the options there other than Public.
How to Make Photo Album Private on Facebook
You can make an album private using the Facebook app or desktop feature. To do that, follow the steps below;
On Web Browser;
- Open the Facebook website and select the Photos tab.
- Now, find the Photo album that you would like to make private and select the three dots at the top right side.
- Select “Edit Album”.
- Now, on the edit page, you will see the album’s current privacy setting. Select the Friends button.
- Audience selector box will be shown, now choose the privacy setting you want for the photo album.
On Facebook App;
- Select Photos from your Facebook account and tap on “Albums”.
- Now, pick out the album you’d like to edit and select the dots at the upper right side.
- From the menu that will load afterward, tap on “Edit”.
- Select the privacy options that will be shown other than public.
With the steps above, you can make your photos on Facebook private. You can select the people you would like to see your pictures or set it as “Only Me”.
How To Set Facebook Photos as Private by Default
To make your photos private by default on Facebook, follow the directives below;
- Log into your Facebook account on the web and select the dropdown arrow.
- Now, click on “Settings and Privacy”.
- Next, select settings.
- Then choose Privacy from the left panel.
- Locate the activity section and select “Edit” next to “Who can see your future posts”.
- The section will load and a dropdown box will appear, select the button and change the default privacy of your posts.
Once, you have successfully carried out these steps, all your future posts on Facebook will have a different privacy setting other than Public.
In this article, we have shared the steps to private your pictures and videos on Facebook from the public or unwanted people. The private setting you choose for the posts will determine who will see your photos or albums. If you find this article helpful, ensure to share it with your friends.
Also, Check Out: