Are you fed-up with social media messaging apps and have been wondering How to Permanently Delete Your WhatsApp Account. Some people will just uninstall the app from their devices but this does not delete the account on the WhatsApp service. These services work on both Android and iOS versions. Continue reading, this article will show you how to backup and then delete your WhatsApp account.
It is a social media platform where you can chat with other users, friends, and family with the use of data. It is a massaging app that uses secure encryption to keep your chats and phone calls privately. WhatsApp is a free app on smartphone devices such as android, iOS, and you can even use WhatsApp on your computer. With WhatsApp, you can send files, images, make free video calls, videos, etc.
What Happens when you delete Your WhatsApp Account
When you delete your WhatsApp account the following will happen;
- Your massages will be deleted.
- Your Google Drive backup will be deleted.
- The account will be deleted from WhatsApp.
- Detach your phone number from your account.
- All your friend’s WhatsApp contact lists will delete from your phone number.
- All your message history will be erased.
Additionally, you will not be able to restore a deleted account, and it may take up to 90 days to delete an account fully. During this time you cannot access your data. Your personal information shared on other Facebook platforms will be deleted too. This sound so scary, you may rather choose to deactivate your account instead. Either way, ensure you backup first your data.
How to Back up Your WhatsApp Data
Before deleting your account, you will want to back up your data. Next, follow these steps below for Android and iOS to back up your WhatsApp account.
Backup on iOS/iPhone
It can be done automatically using iCloud by using the following steps:
- In your iOS device.
- Go to settings and tap on your name/profile picture.
- Click on the iCloud.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and make sure the toggle switch is on. It will turn green.
To back up from inside WhatsApp
- On your device Open your WhatsApp app.
- Click on “Chats” and then on “Chat Backup”.
- You can back up instantly by clicking on the “Back Up Now” button.
- Turn on “Auto Backup “ using the toggle switch.
- You can also choose to save videos with the “Include Videos” toggle.
You can back up WhatsApp on an Android device using Google Drive. Follow these steps:
- Go to your WhatsApp App and open the application.
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu seen at the top of the page.
- Go to “Settings”, then “Chats” and choose the “ Chat Backup” widget.
- Click “Backup over” to choose the network you want to use.
- You can also click on the “Backup” button to backup with speed.
How to Permanently Delete Your WhatsApp Account
Deleting your WhatsApp account completely will remove your WhatsApp account from the servers and all related data. Since you have finally decided to delete your WhatsApp account permanently follow these steps:
Deleting from iOS/iPhone
- Go to your WhatsApp app.
- Open the app and click on the “Account”.
- Next, click on the “Delete My Account” option.
- Review the warning, key in your full phone number and click the “Delete My Account” option.
- That is all; your account will be deleted.
Deleting from your Android
On an Android phone, the process is the same, just that the screen looks different. Follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp application.
- Click on the three-dot vertical lines at the right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Account”.
- Next, click on the “ Delete My Account” option.
- Enter your full phone number and tap on the red link “Delete My Account button.
- Your account will be duly completely deleted.
With the successful following of the steps above, you would have successfully deleted your Facebook account.