Account security is crucial with any program or platform that you are using. Yahoo mail offers users different methods, one of which is two-step verification. Don’t know how to put two step verification on Yahoo mail? It is very easy and at the end of this article, you will be able to turn on two factor verification in your Yahoo mail account.
With the two-factor verification, you will have to enter your password and a one-time code that Yahoo will send to you to use. Once, it’s enabled, without the code, you won’t be able to access the account. This article will be teaching you how to enable the function on your account, so keep reading.
It is crucial to add an extra layer of security to your accounts, and yahoo mail offers a two-step verification feature for users. This feature helps keep your account protected from unknown access or location users. Putting the 2FA on is very easy and fast to do.
Before we proceed, have in mind that you will be required to enter a phone that will be used to get the SMS or phone call. A smart move is to use a different number from the one associated with your account.
How To Set Up Yahoo Mail Two Factor Verification
Whether you are using a computer/desktop or mobile application, you can use the steps below to set it up;
- Start by launching your favorite browser and navigate to https://mail.yahoo.com/ or install the Yahoo mail app and open it.
- Now, enter your account login credentials (username, email, or phone number, and password).
- Click the User icon at the top and select “Account”.
- Select “account info” from the options presented, “Account Security”.
- Next, select the Turn on 2SV (Two Step Verification) and then confirm your sign in when prompted. On Mobile, tap the toggle button to on.
- On the web, click “Get Started”.
- Choose your method of authentication.
- The commonly used, is phone number. If you select to phone number, enter a valid number and select Call me or Send SMS. On the other hand, if you choose the authentication app, follow the on-screen instructions that will show to enable it.
- Depending on the authentication method, you get a text or phone with the verification code.
- Enter the code on the dialog box that appears on the shown and lastly, select “Verify”.
With the steps above, two factor verification will be set up on your Yahoo mail account and you will be required to provide a code before logging in.
Recommended Yahoo Mail Links
To access Yahoo mail on your browser; click here
Click here to install Yahoo mail on your phone
For Assistance on your Yahoo account; use this link
Yahoo Mail Social Platform Links
Stay updated with Yahoo Mail On Instagram
Follow Yahoo Mail on Twitter
Connect with Yahoo Mail on Facebook
We have come to the conclusion of how to put Two-step verification on your Yahoo mail account. Hopefully, you are able to carry out the process and add security layers to your account. In this article, you learn how to add an extra security layer to your Yahoo mail account with the 2FA. Use the comment box below to share your thoughts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Yahoo Mail have 2-step verification?
Absolutely! Yahoo mail offers a two-step verification feature to users who which to add extra security layers to their accounts.
Is Yahoo Mail secure?
Yahoo mail might not be as secure as Gmail, but it is still secure and safe for your use. Also, you can add layers to help keep your account secure.
How many yahoo email accounts can you have?
There is no restriction on the number of yahoo email accounts you can have. That is to say, you are free to have as many accounts as you handle on the email service.
Which is more secure yahoo mail or gmail?
Gmail is obviously more secure than Yahoo. With it higher security recorders, there is no doubt this is true. Yahoo mail is secure as, just not as secure as Google mail.
How make my yahoo account more secure?
Use a strong password, update your password regularly, sign out of public computers, check account activity often, and finally, delete security questions.
How to login Yahoo without verification code?
The thing is, once 2SV or 2FA is set up on your Yahoo mail account, you can access the account from a new device or location by inputting the code sent to the number. That is to say, you can’t login with the verification code.
Also, Check Out;