Recharging your EDMI prepaid meter is simple, however, most people find the process a bit difficult at first. The recharge is quite similar to how we recharge airtime on our phones. Nevertheless, in this article, you will be learning how to recharge EDMI prepaid meter, so do well to read to the end.
Having and using prepaid meters has some really interesting benefits, one of which is the ability to control your electric consumption. Furthermore, you will be able to buy electricity units to keep the power in your home or office. Gone are the days, when you have to go to the bank and queue up until it is your turn to pay bills.
With the availability of digital payment means, you can simply make payments online at your convenience. Two things that should never leave your mind before you proceed to recharge your prepaid meter online are your distribution company and meter number. Now, let’s proceed to share the steps to recharge your prepaid meter.
How To Recharge Prepaid Meter With Quickteller
Recharging your prepaid meter with quickteller is honestly the simplest. To use quickteller to buy units, follow the steps below;
- Go to the quickteller website at https://www.quickteller.com/
- Now, start by choosing your distribution company using the search bar.
- Next, fill in your details which include your meter number, email address, mobile number, a one-time password the amount.
- Review the amount and click on Continue to proceed. Have in mind that a transaction fee will be charged.
- Fill in your card details and proceed to make the payment.
- You will be redirected to a web pay page where you will be asked to make the payment using an e-wallet or card.
- Confirm payment and top up the recharge code.
- Once your payment is successful, quickteller will send an OTP to your phone. This is done as a safety measure.
When the process is done and you get a successful message pop-up, a recharge pin code will be sent as well. The recharge pin code is what you will input on your meter.
How To Recharge Prepaid Meter Using BuyPower.ng
Another quick way to buy power units for your prepaid meter is by using BuyPower.ng. Use these simple steps to buy power;
- Visit Buypower at https://buypower.ng/
- To begin, enter your phone number and click on “Buy Electricity”.
- Then fill in your information on the form that will appear.
- Choose an online payment method and enter your details like your bank name, card type and number, and card CVV.
- Enter the OTP that will be sent to your phone by your bank.
- Lastly, the recharge details will be sent to the number you entered at the beginning.
How To Recharge Prepaid Meter Without Light
Prepaid meter top-ups work when you have light. That is to say, there is no way to recharge your prepaid meter without power (light). So, you have to wait until the light is on before you proceed to the recharge for power units.
How To Check Balance On EDMI Prepaid Meter
You can easily check the power units you have left on your prepaid meter using the guidelines below;
- To check your EDMI prepaid meter, dial 10 or 37 and press the enter button.
- Next, dial 01 and hit on enter.
Just like that, your EDMI prepaid meter balance will appear on the screen.
Now, you know how to recharge your EDMI prepaid meter online using Quickteller and Buypower.ng. Furthermore, we share the steps to use and check your unit balance on your EDMI meter. We hope find these guidelines in this article helpful, if yes, make sure to share this post with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I recharge my prepaid meter?
There are different methods you can use to recharge your prepaid meter. You can use Buypower.ng, Quickteller, VTU.ng, mobile bank apps, etc. All you have to do is decide the method you’d like to use and follow the prompts that will be shown to make the payment.
How to load prepaid meter online?
You can use the NEPA site to recharge your prepaid meter online with the steps below;
- Visit the website and choose a distribution company (the one you are registered with).
- Input your meter number.
- Enter the number of units you’d like to buy.
- Provide your phone number and email address and submit it.
- Lastly, enter your card details and follow the prompts that will be shown to commence.
How many digit is prepaid meter token?
Prepaid meter token digits are 20 in number.
Can I top up my smart meter on my phone?
Yes, you can top up your prepaid meter anywhere such as a pay point, online, or via a mobile banking app.
Also, Check Out: