Spotted a fake account on Facebook? Fake accounts can be frustrating if you find out that someone is impersonating you. Thankfully, Facebook allows you to report a fake account when you spot it. In this guide, you will learn how to report fake Facebook accounts, so read to the end.
Reporting a fake account on Facebook is easy. It is important to report a fake profile when spotted so others don’t fall for scams. Below we will be sharing a step-by-step guide to report a fake account on Facebook regardless of the device that you are using. Now, let’s find a way to report that fake profile.
- On your Facebook account, search for the account.
- When found, open the profile and click on the three dots icon near the cover photo.
- Select “Find support or Report profile”.
- Then click on “Pretending to be someone else”. There are different options to be selected depending on how you’d like to report the account.
- Click on “Submit” when you are done.
Once the report has been placed, Facebook will then review the account and take possible action.
How To Report Fake Facebook Account In My Name
If you find out someone is impersonating you and using your name, reporting them is your best bet to take them off. Below is how you can report a profile that is using your name;
- On your account, click on the search engine and type your name.
- Select the fake account from the profile shown to open it.
- Now, click on the three dots button near the cover photo.
- Select “Find support or Report profile” and then “Pretending to be someone else”. Note: you can select other terms from the menu.
- Finally, click on “Submit” to place the report.
The report will be submitted to Facebook and they will review it.
How To Report A Fake Profile On Facebook Messenger
Impersonating someone is bad and if you know or suspect a fake profile chatting with you on Facebook messenger, you can report it. Reporting a profile on messenger is easy. Below are the easy steps to use to report profile messenger;
- Open the conversation with the person and tap on the person’s name at the top.
- Scroll down and tap on “Report”.
- Then select “Pretending to be someone” as your category.
- Select the person they are impersonating and tap on “Submit”.
The report will be sent to Facebook immediately. To send the conversation the person is having with you, tap on “Report conversation and the “Report entire conversation”. Then send it.
How To Report A Fake Facebook Account Using Desktop And Mobile Devices
Whether you using Facebook on your smartphone or the website, below are steps to follow and report a fake account;
- Log into your account using the Facebook app.
- Find the fake account you spotted and tap on it.
- When on the account’s page, tap on the three dots button and select “Find support or Report profile”.
- Now, choose “Pretending to be someone” and tap on “Submit”.
On Facebook Website;
- Go to the fake account. Alternatively, use the search engine to easily find the profile.
- Open the account and click on the three dots button.
- Select “Find support or Report profile”.
- Then click on “Pretending to be someone” and “Submit”.
On the report page, there is a variety of terms to use when reporting a fake account, select any of the options that suit the situation.
There you have the steps to use to report a fake account on Facebook. It is advisable to immediately report a fake account if you come across one. We hope the guide above is helpful, if yes, ensure to share it with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when you report a fake Facebook account?
When you report a fake account on Facebook, it will be reviewed, and eventually, take possible actions. Also, your report is kept confidential and the account you report won’t see it.
Where to report fake Facebook accounts?
You can report a fake Facebook account from the user’s profile page, by tapping on the three dots icon.
Can I report a fake Facebook account to the police?
If you report a fake account to the police instead of Facebook, they refer you to report to Facebook. There is nothing the police will do for you. Facebook, however, will review the report and take action.
How to report a fake Facebook account if I am blocked?
Easy. Tell a friend to report the profile. The only thing you can do is forward the name of the user to your friend so they can find it and report it.
How do I report a fake account on Facebook?
Go to the person’s profile and tap on the three dots icon near the cover photo. Then select “Find support or Report profile” and tap on “Pretending to be someone” from the options shown.
How do I report a fake Facebook messenger account?
To report a fake account on Facebook messenger, use these steps;
- From chats, tap on the conversation.
- Then tap on the person’s name at the top and scroll down to “Report”.
- Select “Pretending to be someone” as your category and include the person they are pretending to be.
- Tap on “Submit Report” to place it.
Also, Check Out: