Talking about How to Request a Ride with Lyft, Lyft is a ridesharing company that is based in San Francisco California. It is currently operating in six hundred and forty-four (644) cities in the United States and twelve (12) cities in Canada. After downloading the Lyft app, you can get car rides and a food delivery service. This platform is the second largest ridesharing company based in the United States. You can always count on Lyft to take you wherever you need to go.
How to Request a Ride with Lyft
This app will surely help you to save time. Downloading the app is free just as installing it is free. There are nine different ways to go using the Lyft app. Whether you want to go using an affordable ride, the most direct route or a way to treat your crew, the app has got you covered.
Download the Lyft App
In order to download the Lyft app, you should make sure that your device compatible. There are some requirements you need to meet in order for you to successfully download and install the app on your device.
The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Because the app requires a cellular data connection, tablets, or WIFI only devices are not supported. The app also works with select VoIP carriers such as Google Voice and some others more.
How to Download and Install the Lyft App
Follow the steps below to download and install the app.
- Use your device to go to your app store (iOS App Store for iPhones and the Google Play Store for Androids).
- Search for “Lyft” using the search bar of the app store and tap on the official app.
- Hit the Install or Get button depending on your device and follow the onscreen instructions given to you.
That is all you need to do to download and install the app on your various devices.
How to Sign Up for Lyft
You must sign up for an account on Lyft before you can request a ride with Lyft. Follow correctly and carefully to sign up for an account on the platform or app. You need a phone number, email address and a photo of yourself to sign up for an account.
- Launch the Lyft official app and type in your phone number.
- Verify your identity by entering the verification code sent to your phone number into the box required on the screen.
- Type in your name, email address and upload a photo. This will help the driver know who to pick up.
That is it. Once you have created an account, you can go further to learn How to Request a Ride with Lyft. Keep reading below with as much attention you can gather so you do not forget.
How to Request a Ride with Lyft
Follow the steps below to request a ride with the platform.
- Launch the app and tap the “Search Destination” tab, then enter your destination.
- Tap the correct address from the list provided to you on the app.
- Now correctly chose your ride type.
- Hit the “Select Lyft” button and confirm or change your pickup spot.
- Tap the “Confirm and request” button.
Your pickup location will automatically set to your current GPS location. However, if you want to change the pickup location, follow the steps below.
- On the app, tap “Current Location” located at the top of the screen.
- Enter your pickup address or drag the location pin to your desired pickup location.
- Finally, tap the “Set Pickup” button and that is it.
This is all you need to do to successfully set up a pickup location on the app.
Recommended for you