PayPal is one of the most used medium of sending and requesting payments in the world. It is a popular means of online payment. This is why you need to know How to Send Money with PayPal. If you do shop online more often, I’m so sure you are familiar with how to make purchases using PayPal. Nowadays you don’t need to have an account with PayPal to use the platform.
However, this platform offers a convenient way to send money to anyone you want be it friends or family. You can even make payments for goods and services received. In this article, you will learn how to send money through PayPal using your account.
Can PayPal Send Money Internationally
PayPal can be used to send money internationally from one region to another or from one nation to another. The user uses it to send and receive money universally. However, PayPal services come with different services and costs. Most of the fees depend on how you choose to make the payment. Here are a few cost and services fees:
- Making payments by balance or linked bank account will cost you between 0.3% – 2% based on the location you are sending the payment.
- Paying by credit or debit card. It depends if your making full or partial payment with a card, the fees range from 3. 4% – 3.9% transaction amount.
- Currency conversion fee. You will be charged from 2.5% – 3% based on the situation.
You will be notified of any of the fees not listed above when you sign up for an account. If you are not notified, then contact the PayPal help center.
How to Send Money with PayPal via your Account
Individuals make payments with ease using PayPal if they have received a money invoice or request. You might set up the payment personally since you have the email address or phone number of the recipient. Simply follow these steps:
- Login your account.
- Tap the ‘Send and request’ button.
- Pick from the options displayed (choose if you are making payments to a friend or family member, within the US or internationally, etc.).
- Key in the email address or mobile number of the recipient.
- Enter and confirm the amount you want to pay and the currency to use by using the drop-down menu.
- Next, confirm the payment is correctly entered and choose how you want to pay. You can either use a credit or debit card, a linked bank account, or a PayPal account.
- Click on the “confirm payment” button. You’ll receive an email receipt indicating the payment has been processed.
That is all for making payments using a PayPal account.
Send Money through PayPal without an Account
For you to make payments through PayPal without having an account with PayPal yourself, you will need the recipient to send you an invoice or money request. This mean that you will receive an email from the person you are sending money to with either a detailed invoice or a simple note explaining the use of the money.
In the email sent to you by the recipient, there will be a “Pay Now” button. This is all that you require to make the payment without opening a personal PayPal account. Follow the steps below:
- On the email or invoice you have received click on the “Pay Now” button.
- If you can’t find the email check your trash or spam folders in case it has been sent there.
- You will have the option to open a PayPal account which is optional. If you do not want, just select the credit card or debit card option and enter the details of your card. Note that payment with credit or debit card is more expensive than payments made through PayPal account balance or a linked account.
- Confirm the payment and ensure everything is properly entered then click on the confirm and the payment will be processed.
In conclusion, we can see that making payments or Sending Money through PayPal without an account is easy but yet more expensive. In other words, it’s better you get a PayPal account.