Facebook is a media platform for connecting and meeting people and also expanding your business network. However, getting too many friend requests can be very tiring and you’d be wondering how to stop friend requests on Facebook. Well, you are lucky, because, in this article, you will be learning how to stop friend requests from people you don’t know or like. Read on to find the easy steps to follow and stop friend requests on your Facebook account.
You can stop the requests you get on Facebook by limiting the people that can add you. If you want to know how to stop friend requests on Facebook, follow the directives that will be listed in this article. Whether you are using Facebook web or app, we have got you covered.
How To Disable Add Friend Button On Facebook
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t include a “disable friend request” button on the platform. Nevertheless, there are few steps to use and stop requests from coming from people unless it’s the people you want.
Now, use the steps below to stop unnecessary friend requests from coming in;
- Click on your profile picture in the top right side of your account.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings and Privacy” and then “Settings”.
- From the settings page, click on Privacy.
- Now, go down to the “Who can send you friend request” link and click on “Edit” next to it.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Friends of Friends”.
- Press the three lines at the bottom of your account.
- Then scroll down to “Settings and Privacy” and then tap on “Settings”.
- From the settings page, go down to “Audience and visibility” and tap on “How people find and contact you.
- Next, tap on “Who can send me friend requests” and select “Friends or Friends”.
- Tap the three lines icon at the top right side of your page and scroll down and tap “Settings and Privacy”, and “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Audience and visibility” and tap on “How people find and contact you”.
- Next, press “Who can send you friend requests” and tap on “Friends of Friends”.
By limiting who can send you a friend request on Facebook, you will most likely get requests from people you have a connection with. Furthermore, you can easily decline a request if it is from a stranger.
Getting friend requests from strangers can be very scary sometimes, but with the steps above you can limit the people that can add you. There is all you need to know about stopping friend requests on Facebook. Now, you can easily stop the requests from users on Facebook that you don’t know. Ensure to share this article with your friends as well and use the comment section if you have got questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop strangers from sending me friend requests?
To stop strangers from sending you friend requests on Facebook, follow the guides below;
- Go to your account settings and privacy and then click on settings
- Then go to privacy.
- Next to “Who can send you friends request”, click on “Edit.
- Lastly, click on “Friends of Friends”.
How do I get rid of the Add friend button on Facebook 2022?
Sadly, there is no way to remove the add friend button on Facebook I mean that is the link people can use to connect with you. However, there is a way to limit the number of people who can add or send friend requests to you. Use the instructions below;
- Tap on the three lines button at the bottom or top right side of the account and select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Press “settings” and scroll to “Audience and visibility.
- Now, tap on Edit, next to “Who can send you friend request”.
- Select “Friends of Friends” so only mutual friends can add you.
Why am I getting so many friend requests on Facebook 2022?
You are getting noticed, that is why. Facebook is showing your profile to the People you may know. Of course, when people see your profile as people they may know, they will send you a friend request.
How do I get rid of unwanted friend requests?
You can get rid of unwanted friend requests by limiting the people who can add you to friends of friends from the settings section.
Do deleted friend requests automatically become followers?
Yes. The people who send you a friend request but got declined by you will automatically start following you. If you don’t want them to follow you, then block the profile.
What does a gray Add friend on Facebook mean?
In a scenario like this, it means the user has restricted who can send them friend requests on Facebook.
Also, Check Out: