Tired of getting Instagram notifications? Fortunately, there is a way to turn off notifications on your Instagram account. This article covers how to turn off notifications, so it will be best to read to the end. I mean it is okay to get notified of certain things on the platform, but it becomes annoying when it is too much.
Instagram gives you control over the notifications you want to receive. Turning off your Instagram notifications can be done on the mobile app and using a desktop browser. Without wasting much time, let’s show you how to turn off post and story notifications on your Instagram account.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Instagram on Mobile App
Follow the steps below to turn off notifications using the mobile app installed on your smartphone;
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Ensure that your account is signed in and tap on your Profile icon.
- Next, select the horizontal icons on the upper right side of the page.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Tap Notifications and then select “Posts, Stories, and Comments”.
- Now, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose how you’d like to handle notifications.
- Go to the First Posts and Stories link and select the settings you want. You can choose to Turn Off, From People, I Follow (this allows only first post and story notifications from the people you follow, and lastly, From Everyone (this allows post and story notifications from everyone).
In addition, you can turn off other notifications if you wish to be on the same page such as likes, and comments on photos, etc.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Instagram Using a Web Browser
If you are accessing your Instagram account on a web browser, you can turn off notifications using the steps below;
- Navigate to the Instagram website at https://www.instagram.com/
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture and select the Settings icon at the top.
- Select “Notifications” from the menu.
- Next, click on “Push Notifications”.
- You can choose to pause all notifications by clicking on the checkbox next to “Pause All”.
- Lastly, carry out the notifications changes you’d like to make, in this case, turn off the notifications you want.
By following the steps above, you will be able to turn off notifications easily on your smartphone or computer.
There you have the steps to follow if you ever wish to turn off Instagram notifications. We hope you find the directives in this article helpful. If yes, please be sure to share your thoughts in the comment section and also share the guide with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I turn off Instagram notifications?
It could be due to a bad network or maybe you didn’t select the right notifications you’d like to turn off. From your account settings, select Notifications and turn off the ones you don’t want to receive.
How do I turn off notifications on Instagram 2022?
To turn off notifications on your Instagram account, select settings and then notifications or push notifications (mobile and web). This will open a new page where you can manage your notifications and turn off the ones you don’t want.
Can I turn off notifications for one Instagram account?
Yes, you can turn off notifications for one account. This can be done from the settings page of your account.
Can someone see how many times you viewed their Instagram profile?
No, Instagram doesn’t send notifications regarding who visited your profile. That is to say, you can freely browse through a user’s profile without commenting or liking and they won’t know.
Why do I keep getting Instagram notifications?
The reason you keep getting notifications on Instagram is that they are turned on, so the only way to avoid them is by turning them off. You can turn off notifications from your account settings page.
What are push notifications on Instagram?
Push notifications on Instagram are some alerts you get when someone likes or comments on your posts, a new follower, or a new message. Instagram sends you notifications when you are mentioned in a comment or post.
How do you go on Instagram without notifying everyone?
If you are going live and don’t want to notify everyone, go to the gear menu on your profile and select settings. And then tap on “Hide My Story From”, next select the people you’d like to hide your live from.
Also, Check Out:
- How To Create an Instagram Avatar
- How To Make Photos Private on Facebook
- How To Track A Samsung Phone For Free
- Can You See Who Blocked You on Instagram?