Now, we all know that every Roku player comes with a remote control. If your Roku TV’s remote is lost or if your Roku remote stopped working, there is still a way to turn the TV on and off. Want to know how to turn on your Roku TV without a Remote? Then you need to read this article attentively.
The Power button for Roku TVs is often located in different places – such as the bottom of the TV. This article will show you how to find it and detail two other ways you can also turn your TV on or off without the remote. Now let’s get it right!
For instance, if you want to turn on Roku TV without using the remote, find and press the physical power button that is located at the bottom center, side panel, or back panel of your Roku TV. In other words, you can use the Roku smartphone app to turn your Roku TV on or off by using the remote.
Read on to see the guidelines that have been provided to find the location of the power button on your Roku TV.
Recommended to Read; How to Activate Roku on my TV
How to Locate the Power Button on a Roku TV
If you lost or your Roku remote stopped working, then you need to turn the TV on using the power button located on the TV itself. The main location of the power button on your TV will depend on the year, model, and make.
Here are the four main spots to check:
- Middle, underside: The most popular location for your Roku TV power button is right underneath the center of the TV. But if you don’t see it there you don’t have to feel sad, well, it is a hidden spot, and many people don’t even know it’s there.
Now, this depends on which model you have, the actual power button may be positioned slightly forward on the underside, or further back.
- Back of TV, Right-hand side: when you have searched and searched but could not find the power button on your Roku TV, now you will have to check the back right-hand side of the television.
How do you do this? Move the TV carefully away from the wall and look on the back, right side of your TV. You should spot a small power button there.
- Back of TV, Left-hand side: you will have to check the back left-hand side of the television. Be careful when you move the TV away from the wall and take a look, this time on the back left side of your TV. You will spot a small power button there.
- Front left, underside: Go to the front left, the underside of your Roku TV, and you should come across the receiver, just behind that receiver is a very small power button.
Those are some of the different ways to locate the power button on Roku TV.
How to Use the Roku App as a Remote Control
Have you miss placed your Roku TV remote and you can’t find the Power button? Well, you can use the free Roku App to turn on your television.
If you want to download the Roku app I am glad to tell you that it is available for both iOS and Android users:
- Download the official Roku App for the App Store or Play Store.
- Once you are in, it will search for nearby Roku devices,
- If your Roky TV pops up, you can power on and off the TV by tapping the power button located at the top right of the app screen.
You must know that third-party apps it not needed to control your Roku TV.
Recommended to Read; How to Reset my Roku TV Password
How to Connect your Roku Player to the App Using a Mobile Hotspot
Here are the simple steps to connect your Roku player to the app using a mobile hotspot:
- Set up a mobile hotspot on one device.
- Give your hotspot the same name and password as the last network that your Roku player was connected to.
- Then connect your other device to that hotspot.
- Download and open the Roku app on your other device.
- Then go to devices and select your Roku player.
- Next, tap the remote icon.
- Use the remote on the app to go to settings on your Roku device.
- Press ‘Ok’ on your remote.
- And choose a new network.
Finally, enter the Wi-Fi password and tap Connect.
Roku TV Useful Links
Click on this link to access the Roku Tv help center web page.
To access the Roku Tv website; Check here.
Download the Roku Tv application on your device, by clicking on these links: Google Play, and App Store.
Roku TV Social Media Account Links
Access Roku Tv through Facebook.
Tap here to connect with Roku Tv on YouTube.
Connect with Roku Tv on Twitter.
Get connected with Roku Tv on Instagram.
They are so many Roku TV users who are trended because they have miss placed their Roku remote or it stopped working. And the tragic part of it is that they have no idea how they can turn on their TV and control it.
That is why this article will answer Roku TV users with that issue. In this article, we stated the way you can turn on your TV without a remote and how you can even control it without using the Roku Remote.
Recommended to Read; How to Sign up for YouTube TV on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do Is I Lost my Roku Remote?
So, if you lose the remote, get the app: the Roku mobile app is free for both iOS (Apple) and Android devices and will turn your phone into a control center for both your Roky TV to the streaming player.
Why doesn’t my Roku have a Power Button?
The power button is a Tv power button, only Roku that can accept Wi-Fi remotes can have Tv controls like a power button.
Can I Use my Roku Without the Remote?
The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to control your Roku device without a remote using your phone or tablet. Before you can use your mobile device as a remote, you need to install the Roku app and then connect the mobile app to your Roku device.
Can you Replace Roku Remote Only?
If you are looking to replace or upgrade your Roku remote, you can purchase a new remote from the Roku accessories store.
Also, Check Out: