Updating apps on your Samsung device is important because sometimes developers will release updates to fix bugs or make improvements. Keeping your device apps updated is the best way to ensure that you have the latest features and better performance. In this article, you will learn how to update apps on Samsung. So, if you don’t know how to update the apps on your Samsung device, continue reading.
It is important to check for updates on your device and make the available updates for better performance. Keeping your Samsung device apps up to date is easy and fast provided your internet connection is good.
To update an app on your Samsung device, you just have to open the Play store and update them. However, some default apps from Samsung can only be updated from the Samsung Galaxy store. Apps downloaded from the Google play store can be updated from the play store.
How To Update Samsung Apps On Google Play Store
Google Play Store is a supermarket for applications. Samsung devices use the Play store and then Samsung Galaxy Store for default apps. To update apps from the play store on your device, follow the steps below;
- Open the Play Store on your Samsung device and tap on your profile picture.
- Select “Manage apps & device” and tap “Updates available” to see the apps needing updates.
- From there, you can either tap “Update” next to an individual app or “Update All” to install all the available updates.
In some cases, in Android 10 or 11, a manual update may fail to complete and you can use the steps below to resolve this;
- Open your Samsung device’s Settings and tap “Apps”.
- Tap on “Google Play Store and select “Storage”.
- Now, tap “Clear Data”.
- Read the information that will be shown and tap “OK”.
Above are the guidelines to use and update apps on your Samsung device.
How To Update Apps On Samsung Galaxy Store
On every Samsung device is exclusive apps made for that device only. These apps can only be updated separately from the Play store. To update default or Samsung apps, follow the steps below;
- Open Galaxy Store and tap the “Menu” icon.
- Then tap “Updates”.
- From there, you can either tap the “Circling arrow” next to individual apps to update or tap “Update All” to install all the updates.
Easy, right? The guidelines above are for updating default apps in your Samsung Galaxy device.
Keeping your device apps up to date is vital for the best performance and new features. That is all you need to know on how to update apps on Samsung. Now, you can easily update the apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I update apps on my Samsung?
Insufficient device storage is the most popular reason behind apps not updating on Samsung. F your device storage is full, you won’t be able to install updates unless you manually delete files and media to free up space for new updates.
Do apps update automatically on Samsung?
Yes, apps automatically update, however it depends on your settings. You can set apps to automatically update over WiFi.
How do I update apps on my Samsung s21?
To update apps on your Samsung s21, use the steps below;
- Tap on Play Store, then the three lines symbol.
- Select Manage apps & devices.
- If there is an app update, it will be shown under the Updates tab.
- To update, tap “Update” next to an app or tap “Update All” to install all the available updates.
Where is Samsung apps update?
Samsung apps update icon is on the Play Store. To locate, tap your profile picture and then select manage apps and devices. From there, tap Updates to see the available apps needing update.
Why I am not able to update my apps?
If you are having issues updating an app on your device, check the storage to know if you have enough and then the internet connection.
Where are apps in Samsung settings?
You can find the apps in your Samsung settings app by opening settings. Next, tap the switch next to the “Show apps button on Home screen”. The apps button will be shown on the corner of the home screen.
Also, Check Out: