As a gamer, are you looking for a way to use a keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One without an adapter? Well, you can do that as there are updates on Xbox One console. In this article, we will teach you how to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox One without adapter. Well, let’s dive into sharing the steps with you.
The process of figuring out how to use a keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One without an adapter is very straightforward. With the correct software installed and an available USB slot for both devices.
Once your Xbox software is updated, all you have to do is plug in your keyboard and mouse input. Below is how you can use a keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One without using an adapter;
- Turn on your Xbox One console and then enter the Microsoft store.
- Find the “Xbox Insider Hub” and download it into your device.
- Once it is installed, locate the option to Join Xbox Insider Program. Follow the onscreen prompts that will be shown to join.
- Once you have successfully joined, select “Insider Content”.
- Next, find the “Xbox One Update Preview” and press Join.
- Now, enter software update settings to confirm that your software is updated.
- Now, plug your USB-connected keyboard and mouse into the USB ports on the Console.
- The console should recognize the connected devices immediately once they are plugged in.
After you have done all the steps above, test to make sure that the device is connected and working. Note; Xbox One devices are not compatible with Bluetooth technology, so consider this before purchasing a combo for your console.
What Games Are Compatible With Keyboard And Mouse On Xbox One?
Below are some of the games supported with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox One;
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Bomber Crew
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
- Bright Memory
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Tokyo Warfare Turbo
- Space Engineers
- Strange Brigade
- Surviving Mars
- Sims 4
- They Are Billions
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- War Thunder
- X-Morph Defense
- Zombie Army 4 Dead War
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Planet Coaster
- Sea of Thieves
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Destroy All Humans!
- DOOM 64
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- House Flipper
- Hypnospace Outlaw
- Metro Exodus
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
That is all you need to know about using a keyboard and mouse on Xbox One without an adapter. We hope the steps in this article are helpful. If yes, please share it with friends on your social platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all games on Xbox One support a Keyboard and Mouse?
No. Not all games on Xbox One support the use of a keyboard and mouse. You can find out more online about the games compatible with bot combos.
How do you connect a keyboard to Xbox One?
To connect a keyboard to Xbox one, plug both USB cables into the back of your console and then plug in the mouse into the pass-through port.
Can you use wireless mouse and keyboard on Xbox One?
Yes, you can use both wired and wireless keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One console.
How can I use keyboard and mouse without adapter?
It is possible to use keyboard and mouse without adapter, but you must ensure that you have the correct software and an available USB slot for the devices. Also, make sure to update the software.
What keyboards work with Xbox?
The only officially licensed Xbox One keyboard is the Razer Turret. It is compatible with both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Also, Check Out: