The world itself is becoming more advanced and new things are popping up every day to make life easier for everyone, so you don’t need to stress yourself or work hard to get things done. Do you even know that you can use your phone as a remote for android TV? Read this blog carefully to know how to use your phone as a remote for Android TV.
We have come to the stage where if you don’t have a remote there is no problem. Presently, all Android TVs have a voice-controlled remote, and you need it to turn it on, navigate the interface, and many more.
Now, there might be times when the remote is not close to you, or you are finding it difficult to type with the pad on the remote, or maybe the remote stopped working. You don’t have to worry, because Android TVs can also be controlled and managed by Android Smartphones and even iPhones to an extent.
There is an official Android TV remote app available in the Google play store, but presently it is no longer there because it has been baked into the Google TV app.
Well, you will need to be on Android 4.3 or later installed on your phone. It can be downloaded off the Google Play Store or APK Mirror, that is if it’s not already pre-installed.
Steps to Use Your Phone as the Remote for Your Android TV
Are you even aware that you can use the Google TV app on your phone or tablet to control or navigate your Android TV:
- First, you need to Set up your Virtual remote.
- On your Android Phone, open the Google TV app.
- Close to the bottom right, click the remote.
- Then at the top, tap scanning for devices.
- Select your device.
- For you to complete pairing, proceed with the instructions on your phone and TV.
Then, after pairing, you can now be able of eligible you use your phone or your remote.
If you Have Trouble Setting up the App
if while trying to Use your phone as the remote for your Android TV, your Google TV app is not working. Or maybe your TV is not popping up among the scanned devices, there are simple things you can try to solve that issue:
First, you have to Check your Wi-fi Connection on your TV:
- You have to press Home on your remote.
- Then at the top right, tap settings.
- Below “Network & Accessories” select Network > Advanced > Network Status.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network name, stated next to “Network (SSID). “Ensure it’s the same as the network on your device.
Secondly, you have to Restart your android TV
- You must unplug the power on the TV.
- Then wait for about 10 seconds.
- After you must have waited for about 10 seconds, plug the power cord back in.
- Now you have to set up the virtual remote again.
If you are having trouble setting up the app, then you need to check out those steps carefully for proper guidance
The Bottom Line
Hope you have gotten the information you need, but it is sure that after reading this article you will easily know how to use your phone as the remote for your android Tv and know what to do if you are having trouble setting up the app.
But to be on the safer side it is advisable you read this article carefully for a better and fast understanding
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to use your Android phone as a remote control?
Yes, it is, you just need to set up your virtual remote. On your android phone, open the Google TV app. Close to the bottom right, click the remote. At the top, tap scanning for devices. Then lastly choose your device.
Is There a Free Remote App?
The Android TV remote control app is known to be an official Google product. And it can be used to control any Android TV device that’s even on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone.
What is Smart Remote App?
The Peel Smart Remote is a that can be found on iOS and Android devices and it is for controlling any kind of media and smart home devices. Peel can control gadgets and TVs, Streaming media boxes, and cable boxes are not excluded.
What is Universal Controller?
Universal Controller is a popular modern workload automation solution that offers enterprise-class features that can scale from hundreds to millions of tasks.
Is there an app for Non-smart TV remotes?
Yes, there is. The Universal remote apps are widely available across android and iOS, but the thing to know before downloading any software is if your phone has an IR blaster. Now, this allows your phone to seamlessly connect to a non-smart TV as these TVs don’t have wireless connections.
Also, Check Out:
- Google Blogger – Google Blogger App – How to Setup a Google Blog
- How to Archive WhatsApp Group
- Best Payment Apps for Small Businesses
- Coinbase App – Coinbase App Features | Download | Coinbase