Instagram is by far one of the most loved, active and art-inspiring social media platforms in the world today. Instagram Sign Out is necessary if you have an account. This platform “Instagram” made us fun on the internet, displaying our artistic skills and creative abilities. Capturing day-to-day activities and epic moments of our lives have vastly become a sensation on the web through Instagram. Instagram features so many online services like an exchange of messages with other users; posting pictures and videos on one’s page and story, likes, views, and comments on posts. Instagram allows one to follow and be followed by other users. Celebrities and feeds of interest can also be followed on Instagram. Instagram developed the creation of business pages. This encourages selling, buying and advertisement and even promotion of posts made. This increases the chances of the post being seen by users going through the feeds.
Signing out of Instagram (Instagram Sign Out) is easy; just like logging out of Facebook. Instagram Sign Out is a process that helps to stop the running of the application especially when it is not in use. This, in turn, saves the battery power and even data of your device. To sign out of Instagram, one must have signed up for Instagram and now has an account.
Instagram Sign Up
Instagram Sign Up requires only but a few steps. Signing up creates an account for you on Instagram. There are two ways to go about Instagram Sign Up. You can sign up either using Facebook or email/phone number. Follow these steps to sign up.
- Install the Instagram application from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store into your mobile device.
- Open the Instagram application and select sign up.
- Using a Facebook account. Select “Continue with Facebook”.
- Impute your desired username and password.
- Select “Next”.
- Using email/phone, impute either your active email or phone number to get a verification code.
- Select “Next”.
- Specify how you want to receive the code and select “Send”.
- Type in the code sent to you in the space provided for it.
- Select “Next”, then, impute your desired username and password.
- Select “Next”.
And you are done! You will automatically be taken to your Instagram page. Youn now has an Instagram Account.
How to Secure Your Instagram Account
Having an Instagram Account is one thing, securing your Instagram Account is another and a significant one. Knowing How to Secure Your Instagram Account, protect your account from being hacked. Following these steps will help secure your account.
- Choose a strong password with the combination of letters, numbers and other permitted characters. Your password should not be less than six digits.
- Do not share your password with people you do not trust or know.
- Let your Instagram password be unique only to your Instagram account. It is advisable not to use the same password for all your internet accounts.
- The email/phone number used during the creation of your Instagram account should be secure.
- Make sure to always log out of Instagram after using someone else’s device.
- Do not opt to save your Instagram username and password for easy Sign In, especially while working with someone else’s device.
- Turn on your two-factor authentication on your Instagram account settings for additional account security.
If you were able to follow and adhere to most or all of these steps, then, congratulations!
Instagram Sign Out Procedures
Now Instagram Sign Out is a quick process. Haha! Proceeding with Instagram Sign Out means you will have to Sign In when you want to access the Instagram application. Signing Out of Instagram will deny unauthorized persons access to your Instagram Account on your device. Following the listed steps below, you would be able to sign out of Instagram.
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Sign in if you have not. If you have, proceed to the next step.
- Locate the profile icon and tap on it. This would take you to your Instagram account profile.
- Go to the top right of your profile and tap on a three horizontal icon there.
- Now tap on the Settings to open its option. This could be represented with a gear icon or a ‘three-dotted-vertical’ line.
- Scroll through the Settings options until you see “Log Out”. In other cases where multiple accounts have been open, there would be a “Log Out of (your username) and a “Log Out of all Accounts”. Choose the option that best fits and tap.
And you are signed out of Instagram successfully! See, that was really easy and quick.