IRCTC is short for the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. You can get the best deals on international holiday packages, offered by IRCTC, for Dubai, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, the UK, Europe, etc. It takes charge of catering, tourism, and online ticketing services with about 650,000 bookings daily.
It was established on September 27, 1999, and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. In this article, you will be learning how to register for an account, and how to book a ticket from the platform.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation offers exclusive rail tour packages with confirmed train tickets, sightseeing, and meals for enchanting Kashmir, Nilgiri mountains, Tirupati, and many more. There are also holiday packages or land packages available for people going to these destinations.
The Buddhist train gives travelers a religious experience and offers international packages for people traveling outside the country.
The packages include meals, sightseeing, overseas medical insurance, and visa charges to give you a memorable and outstanding travel experience.
IRCTC Registration Requirements
Registering for an IRCTC account is as easy as ABC. You just need to provide your valid email address and mobile number, your personal information, and your residential address. These are the only requirement for registering for the IRCTC account. Here is how to register.
How to Register for an Account
Follow these simple directions below to create your own account.
- Go over to www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search.
- On the IRCTC homepage, to access the registration field, click on the “register” tab next to the red login button.
- On the registration page, enter your email and password, and confirm your password by entering it again.
- Select your security question and then answer it in the next column.
- Select your preferred language.
- Key in your first name, middle (optional), and last name (optional).
- Select your gender.
- Input your date of birth and select your occupation.
- Choose your marital status from the options.
- Select your country and enter your email.
- Type in ISD-Mobile and select your nationality.
- Enter your flat/door/block number and, your street (optional).
- Fill in your Area/locality (optional).
- Input your Pin code, your state, and your city.
- Choose your post office and fill in your mobile phone number.
- To copy the residence to the office address tap on the yes or no option.
- To get a notice about IRCTC SBI Card ensure that the box is checked.
- Scroll down and click on the “terms and conditions” link and go through it.
- To assert that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions, check the small empty box next to it and then hit the blue “register” button.
Those are the steps to registering a new IRTC account online.
How to Book Tickets
Take the following directions accordingly to book your ticket.
- Firstly, open your browser and search for www.irctc.co.in.
- Right on the homepage, you will see a form presented on the left side of the page, that says “book your tickets”. Tap on it.
- Fill in the form by entering the From and To fields.
- Select the preferred date.
- Select the class of train you want from the all-class list.
- Lastly, move down and click on the “Find trains” tab.
That is how to successfully book tickets on the platform.
IRCTC Social Media Links
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Meaning of IRCTC?
Indian Railway Catering and tourism corporation Ltd. (IRCTC) is a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, Government of India.
How can I Get Money from IRCTC?
Individuals who need to cancel tickets are required to File a Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) online on the IRCTC portal. The refund will be processed at the bank of the customer who has made payment from their respective bank accounts.
Where can I Log into IRCTC?
Every user is assigned an IRCTC user ID and IRCTC Password which is linked to their mobile number & email address. To successfully book a train ticket user, need to input this user ID and Password which is referred to as IRCTC login.
Can we Transfer Money from IRCTC Wallet to Bank Account?
You may note that withdrawing cash refunds from IRCTC eWallet Scheme and not allowed.
How Much Money Does IRCTC Refund?
If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the Minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
Also, Check Out: