Is Gmail free? This is one of the frequently asked questions regarding Gmail on the internet today. Many people all over the globe are making use of Gmail as their main email service provider. There are still people out there who haven’t made use of the platform as of yet and they are curious. These persons would love to know if owning a Gmail account is free. Stick around to find out if Gmail is free and also get to learn a thing or two about the Gmail emailing platform.
Is Gmail Free
Gmail is undoubtedly the most used emailing platform in the world. Want to know why I said the latter? The platform boasts of an active two billion users worldwide, wow! Can you beat that? It seems everyone out there wants to know and make use of this platform. But even at the same time, there are those who know nothing of this platform.
Gmail is the official email service of Google. And to now answer the question above. Is Gmail free? Yes, Gmail is free to use but depending on how you want to use it or what you want to use it for. We have two types of Gmail accounts and that is the personal Gmail account and the Gmail business account.
Personal Gmail Account
Just as I have mentioned before, the personal mail account is one of the types of a Gmail account. It is one of the various free web-based Google tools. With this type of Gmail account, users can send and receive emails. Users also have access to 15 GB of free mail storage capacity. Also, you can add files to emails and so much more all for free.
How to Create a Personal Gmail Account
Creating a personal Gmail account is easy. To do this, follow the steps below;
- On your device go to www.gmail.com.
- On the Gmail page, click on create account.
- Enter your information in the required fields on the next page and click on next.
- You will have to enter your phone number in the field provided. Also, you will have to verify your phone number.
- You will be sent a verification code to your number. Enter the code in the space provided and click on verify.
- Next, you will have to enter a recovery email address (optional), your date of birth, and your gender. Click on next.
- Click on agree after going through Google’s privacy policies.
Your account will be created immediately. Make sure to create a strong password when creating your account.
How to Sign In
Signing in to your personal Gmail account is easy. To sign in to your Gmail account, follow the steps below;
- Go to www.gmail.com.
- Enter your email address in the space provided and click on next.
- Enter your password and click on next.
You will be signed in to your Gmail account immediately.
How to Sign Out
Now signing out of your Gmail account is also easy. If you are using a shared device, this is very much necessary and important. To sign out of your Gmail account, follow the steps below;
- Go to www.gmail.com and login to your account.
- At the top right corner of the page, you will find a circle with your first initial or your avatar image.
- Click on this circle.
- Click on the sign out tab at the bottom left corner of the pop-up.
That’s how you sign out of your Gmail account. You can also create a Gmail account, sign in and also sign out via the Gmail mobile app. The Gmail mobile app comes pre-installed on most devices, but if it is not so on your device, you can download this app from your device’s app store. Go to your devices app store, search for the Gmail app via the search bar. Tap on the install tab next to the app from the search results.
Google Business Account
Unlike the personal Gmail business account, this type of account is not for free. Well, there is a free version of Gmail for business, but you will be restricted to its services. The paid version of the Gmail business is the G Suite.
This g suite includes Gmail for business and other Google tools and features. This is the reason it does not come for free. Now there are three tiers of the cost of the Gmail business account which are the basic edition, business edition, and the Gmail for business enterprise.
The basic edition for Gmail for business costs 6 USD monthly per user. With this package, a user gets the complete G Suite which includes docs, spreadsheets, slides, drawings and so much more. Users also get 30 GB of pace in their Google drive.
The business edition costs 12 USD monthly per user. This package gives a user unlimited Google drive space when there are six or more than six team users. On the other hand, for five or fewer users, it is a 1TB user limitation. You also get alerts when people share, edit or delete files in Google drive
Gmail for business enterprise is the most costly of the Gmail for business options and it costs 25 USD monthly per user. This package has its own security features for Gmail and Google drive. It also has other features such as international dial-in numbers to hangouts meet.
To get started with the g suite Google platform, go to https://gsuite.google.com/ on your device. Click or tap on the get started tab and follow the prompt to successfully set up your g suite account.
More Related Posts
- Gmail and Other Google Tools Stop Working Properly
- Gmail Draft – Fastest way to Create Draft Messages | How to Send Gmail…
- How to Step Up Two-Factor Verification on Your Gmail – All You Should Know
- Gmail Inbox Sign In – How to Open my Gmail Inbox | Gmail Inbox
- Google One – Cloud Storage, Automatic Phone Backup, and Benefits/Features