Journey Student Credit Card is a low-maintenance starter card for college students. The credit card offers students the opportunity to build credit with responsible use and earn cash-back rewards on purchases. It offers students unlimited cash back on all purchases, with an opportunity to increase rewards to 1.25% each month. Only if payments are on time.
Journey Student Credit Card
The Journey student credit card from Capital One is a fantastic way for students to build their credit history and learn the rewards techniques. It weighs as a starter low-maintenance card offering cash back on all purchases. In addition, it offers incredible security benefits and no foreign transaction fees, making it a great companion for those studying abroad.
It may not be the best student credit card out there, but Journey Student Credit Card charges no annual fees. Also, cardholders get fraud coverage, text alerts, and email reminders to help them stay on track with the activities on the card.
If you are looking forward to building a credit history, then Journey Student Credit Card from Capital One is a great choice.
What Are The Benefits Of A Journey Student Credit Card?
Aside from adding no annual fees and foreign transaction fees, there are incredible benefits offered by the Capital One student credit card. It is a great credit card to use and build your credit history. The benefits are many, however, we will be listing a few below;
- Account alerts: cardholders can set up personalized email or text reminders to help them stay on track and miss no payment.
- Cardholders can set up autopay for accounts and payments will be automatically made each month.
- You can add an authorized user to your account and track spending.
- There is 24/7 customer service for cardholders.
- You can transfer your higher rate balances onto a Capital One card.
- Fraud coverage should in case your card is lost or stolen.
- You can lock your card effortlessly.
- Manage your card account from anywhere with the capital one mobile app installed on your device.
- Use CreditWise to monitor your credit and it is free for everyone.
- Earn unlimited rewards with no expiration date.
- The card allows you to earn travel miles on every purchase.
- Earn cashback on every purchase you make.
Journey Student Credit Card Pre Approval
Before applying for a student credit card from Capital One, it is advisable to carry out the preapproval test to know which student card will be best for you. The pre-approval is free and very easy to start. Provided you have your MI, legal first name, and legal last name.
How To Check Journey Student Card Pre Approval
Follow the steps below to find out which student credit card from Capital One will be a good fit for your needs;
- Go to the Capital one journey student credit card page at https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/journey-student/.
- Now, click on “See if I’m Pre-Approved”.
- On the next page, fill out the preapproval form using your legal name and MI.
- Then click “Continue to Pre-Approval”.
With the steps above, you will be taken to the preapproval page where you can see the card you’re eligible for.
How To Apply For Journey Student Card
If you are eligible for the Journey Student credit card, well, the next step is to apply for the card. Applying for Journey student credit card from Capital One is straightforward to do. Here is how to apply/register for a journey student credit card;
- Go to Journey student credit card page and click on “Apply Now”.
- Start by entering your Legal first name and Legal Last name.
- Enter MI
- Type in your date of birth and then your Tax ID (SSN or ITIN).
- Click the checkbox below “Are you a U.S Citizen” and “Are you a student”.
- Next, provide your contact information by entering your residential Address, Apt/Suite.
- Zip code, city, and state.
- Email address and primary phone number.
- Fill out your financial information
- Enter your employment Status, your level of education completed so far, annual income, and monthly rent/mortgage.
- Select any of the options below “Do you have any accounts”.
- Provide the additional information that will be required and click on “Continue”.
Complete the process following the onscreen prompts.
How To Activate Journey Student Credit Card
Of course, after applying, and getting approved, your next step will be, to activate the credit card. However, activation of the Journey student card is easy and transparent. To activate your card, call the number on the activation sticker that is attached to your card. Or go to the Capital one activation website which is also listed on the card sticker.
How To Register For Journey Student Card Account
To set up a journey student card account, follow the steps below. However, have in mind that you can only register when you already have the credit card delivered to you. Use the directions below to create your card account;
- From the Journey Student credit card homepage, click on “Sign In” at the top.
- Then, select “Set Up Online Access” to register.
- To get started, enter your last name.
- Social Security Number and date of birth.
- Click “Get Started”.
Simply, follow the on-screen prompts shown to enroll for your card account online access.
How To Log Into Journey Student Card Account
Signing into your Capital one student credit card is easy and can be done with the easy steps below;
- Go to the card page.
- Next, click on “Sign In” at the top of the Capital one homepage.
- Enter your username and password.
- Lastly, click on “Sign in”.
Now, that was it, yeah?
How To Reset Journey Student Card Login Password/Username
If you have forgotten your journey card login username or password, you can reset the login password with the guide below;
- On the sign in page, click on “Forgot Username or Password”.
- Enter your last name.
- Social Security Number and Date of birth.
- Lastly, click on “Find Me”.
You should follow the prompts shown to complete the process.
Journey Card Customer Service
There is 24/7 customer service for all Capital One Journey student card members. You can contact customer service and make your inquiries or complaints.
Useful Journey Student Credit Card Links
For the Journey card page; click here
Use this link to access the Capital one help center
Click here to open Capital One official website
Capital One Social Media Links
If you are looking forward to building your credit history, the Journey Student credit card is a good option. However, if you are searching for high rewards rates or low-interest rates, this is not the card. There is everything you need to know about the credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a student to Qualify for Journey Student Credit Card?
Yes! The Journey student card is designed to help college and university students build and access credit while in school. Just as the name implies, student credit card, so it is for only students.
Is Journey Student card a MasterCard or Visa?
Capital One’s Journey Student card is a Visa card which means cardholders get Visa card protections including zero liability and fraud protection.
Is a Journey Card worth it?
Well, the Journey student credit card is worth it because it offers an incredible rewards rate and rewards can be changed from 1% to 1.25% provided your bills are paid on time. Also, it helps students build credit history and be ready for bigger opportunities.
Does Journey Student Card from Capital One have foreign Transaction Fees?
Fortunately, the student credit card offered by Capital One has no foreign transaction fees, making it a great perk for those studying abroad.
Does the Journey Student credit card from Capital One offer a credit limit increase?
Well, the credit card offers automatic credit line reviews, which allows you to be considered for a higher limit. This happens as low as six months after your card account opening.
How does the Journey card work?
It works immediately after activation Once you get your card, you can use it on purchases anytime and earn unlimited 1% cash back.
Also, Check Out;