eBay is not a word so many people come across every single day, but if you have, you should be wondering what it is all about. The name sure looks and sounds like something from the electronic or high-tech genre. If that is what comes to your mind, then you are wrong. In this article, I will give you a well-painted picture of what the name stands for and also, everything about the term, my eBay watch list.
My eBay Watch List
There are so many types of market places both offline and online with so many amazing features. The eBay watchlist presented by eBay is one of them. It will not be beneficial to tell you about the eBay watchlist feature without giving you a proper meaning of the word ‘eBay’. Therefore, let’s get right into it in the next paragraph.
Now, to the subject of discussion. What is eBay?
In my own terms, eBay is an eCommerce brand that helps businesses and consumers to buy and sell with its website. The company was founded by Pierre Omidyar and it is based in San Jose, California. One peculiar thing about the eBay platform is its online auction feature which is where the eBay watchlist comes into play.
Before we move into the eBay watchlist feature, What are the items traded on the eBay website, www.ebay.com? Different varieties of items are traded on the platform daily, these items include Cars, clothes, collectibles, electronics, etc.
eBay com | eBay.com
eBay.com is the website to Join the ebay platform where you can buy and sell things like , cars, whrist-watches, phones, perfumes, shoes, bags, electronics and other amazing stuffs. So to join the website you need to click on “www.ebay.com”. There you can choose to buy or sell in the platform.
eBay Log In | How to Login on ebay
Before you can login on eBay you need be a registered member in this platform else you can’t login to eBay. Therefore, I will show you how to register on eBay.
How to Register on eBay
- Before you can register you need to go to eBay’s website “www.ebay.com”
- Then it will take you to the site, Scroll down and you will see Sign in | register click on it
- Then it will lead you to Create an account tab on it and fill in your details like your name, your email and choose a password and click on create account.
With this steps above you are now a registered member of eBay.com. Now you can now login to your ebay account
After being a registered member of eBay.com, these are the steps to login to your eBay’s.com;
- Go to the eBay login page,On the login page, enter your email address or username in the field provided.
- Select continue and enter your password on the next page and click on the Login.
If you follow the instructions above carefully, then you are good to go.
My eBay Watch List
eBay watchlist is designed in other to help you keep track of items that caught your eye or you like. Watch list keeps you updated on the listing if the seller should lower the price and also help you keep track of how much time you have left before auction ends or the listing expires.
eBay will notify you about the amount of time left before the end of the auction. This is what eBay use to encourage users to bid early and drive the price up for the seller. But, you can typically get a better price by waiting till the last moment to place your bid.
Some other bidder who has already bid on an item and find out or see that someone else has beaten their bid, they will go right in immediately and place a higher bid. However, when you wait until a few seconds before the end of an auction to place a bid is an act referred to as sniping. This pattern can greatly improves your odds of the winning bid as there is no time for someone else to respond to your bid and come back with a higher one.
The eBay “watchlist” is for the latter group. There are two types of people that shop on eBay, they are;
- Those who want to work the auctions to get the best possible price
- And those that are willing to pay a higher price to make their purchase immediately
Note that, when you win the auction you are expected to pay for the item immediately. Failure to do so will result in a “strike” against your account. This information is also available to sellers and they often will not accept bids from a buyer that has strikes on their account.
How to Effectively win with the eBay Watchlist
You can win the eBay watchlist with the following techniques;
- Firstly, you have to click on eBay login but if you don’t have an eBay account hurry up and create one now. You can participate in the eBay watchlist when you are not registered.
- At the top of the listing you like you will find ” Watch this Items” click on it
- Whenever ever eBay send you a notification Go to your eBay account and confirm the end time when you receive this notification just to keep in track .
- Plan a schedule so that you can be available on the day and time that the auction will end.
- Login to your eBay account at least 15 to 10 minutes before the end of the auction.
- Type on the amount you want to bid into the box. Note that your bid must be higher than the last highest bid.
- Then wait until 15 seconds count down before you submit your bid. On your screen, you will see confirm your bid Click on it to confirm.
Don’t forget to pay if you win the bid to avoid your account being placed on strike.
eBay Customer Service
If you are having an issue with your eBay account or want to know more about eBay, you can contact eBay Customer Service by searching for “www.ebay.com” for help or more information.
With the information provided above, I believe that you now know more about eBay and its benefits.