Pandora Streaming Application is an American music streaming and automated music recommendation internet radio service. It’s headquarter is located in Oakland, California. Pandora service can be accessed either through a web browser or your mobile app. Currently, it is only available to users from the United States.
It is a premium service, some basic features containing adverts and limitations are free while other features containing improved streaming quality, music download and offline channels are offered via paid subscriptions.
The Pandora Streaming service has two subscriptions plan:
- Free subscription supported by advertisement.
- Fee-based subscription without advertisements.
Listeners can tune into established stations or playlist, other users playlist or create their own playlist base on their sung interest. Tracks played on Pandora can be responded to with favorable thumb up or unfavorable thumb down which determines if the song should be played in the station. If a song in a playlist is thumbed down for the second time automatically the song is banned from the playlist. Thumb down for free users is limited while it’s countless for the paid users. Pandora users are offered the ability to buy songs or albums at various online retailers like iTunes and Amazon.
Pandora has web protection offered by DMCA to enable them Co fact with users’ IP addresses to block and restrict users from non-complying countries. Pandora users with a free account can listen to about 40 hours of music per month and could pay about $0.99 per month for unlimited streaming but was later removed in September 2013.
Pandora Streaming is available on the Apple IOS, WatchOS, Google Android, Wear OS and Blackberry 10 handset via the Amazon App store. The Pandora service for Blackberry is limited only to AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile and U.S cellular carriers but by visiting the Pandora website directly. Fee Blackberry users have been successful in downloading and using the Pandora Application.
Pandora Subscription Plans
There are three basic plan provided for Pandora users. There are:
- Pandora free: This plan includes popup ads, personalized stations, limited search, and okay what you want, enjoy your favorite podcast, limited skips. Also, offline listening, make & share playlists and so on is allowed.
- Pandora plus ($4.99/month and you get 30 days free): On this plan includes ad-free personalized stations, search and okay what you want, enjoy your favorite podcast, unlimited skips, offline listening and make & share playlists.
- Pandora Premium ($9.99/month and you get 60 days free): This plan has ad-free personalized stations, full search and plays what you want, enjoy your favorite podcast, unlimited skips, unlimited offline listening, and the make & share playlists.
Above are the subscription plans for the platform.
Sign Up for Pandora Streaming
Below is a basic method on how you can get an account on Pandora using the web browser?
- Search for www.pandora.com on your web browser.
- On the site, platform click on the menu bar on the top left part of the screen.
- Click on Sign up.
- Enter your email address you will like to use.
- Enter your password.
- Fill in other required information (be sure to enter just your birth year, not your entire birth date).
- Click sign up after you review your information are accurate.
Above is how you can easily Sign Up on Pandora using the web.
Sign Up on Pandora using Mobile Devices
Below is the procedure on how to sign up to Pandora using your mobile device.
- Download the Pandora Application or click on www.pandora.com on your mobile browser.
- Enter the email address you will like to use.
- Next, enter a password.
- Enter just your birth year.
- Enter your zip code.
- Select Gender.
- Tap on sign up.
Above is how you can sign up using mobile devices.
How to use the Pandora Streaming Website
If it’s your first time on Pandora, you need not worry as navigating through the site is easy.
- On your web browser, type in www.pandora.com and click on search.
- The Pandora interface will come up then you log in your account (you can follow the above steps to sign up if you’re new to Pandora).
- You can search for songs, artists, albums, podcasts, and more on the Search bar at the top?
- Browse through songs and click to listen to your music choice.
- Thumb up if you like the song or thumb down if you don’t feel it is interesting.
- You can also get the lyrics of the song you want through the lyrics bar on the particular song platform.
- You can add a song to your created playlist or to your offline channel.
Above is how to use the Pandora website.
You can download pandora on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Turn on your device and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Launch the default app store on your device and tap on the search bar.
- Enter Pandora into the search bar and search.
- Hit the official app which you should find from the first five results displayed to you.
- Tap on the “Install” button and follow the onscreen prompts.
Above is all you need to do to download and install the Pandora app on your device.