Looking for a convenient, simple way to send professional, customized invoices, PayPal Invoice is here for you. Your customers can now view invoice details and securely pay with a credit card, debit card, PayPal or PayPal credit, or whichever payment method. For whatever method the customers decide to use, you are pretty sure you will be getting your money in minutes.
What is PayPal Invoice?
PayPal Invoicing is a payment method that simplifies the way you send professional, customized invoices. This method can be a quick and easy way for you to issue invoices, and receive payments from customers and clients from all over the globe.
How PayPal Invoicing Works
Here is how the PayPal Invoicing works: PayPal emails your customer a link to the invoice or you can supply a link in your own email. Then your customer views invoice details and securely pays with a credit card, debit card, PayPal, or PayPal credit, or whichever method that works for them and boom, you get your money in minutes.
Advantages of Using PayPal Invoice
Below are the advantages of using PayPal Invoice.
- It enables users customize their invoice, and includes full details of whatever goods or services they are selling. It is a service that is designed for merchants invoicing their customers and clients.
- Users can create and send an invoice just within minutes, from almost any device. They can even decide to send their invoice through email through a shared link, and there’s no need to download invoicing software.
- You can add your logo, contact information, and custom fields to your invoice template and save same for fast access whenever you do your billing.
- Conveniently manage everything in one place, view your billing history online, track payments, as well as send reminders.
- No set up, no monthly fee for online invoicing, you only get to pay when you receive a payment. It’s Just 2.9% + $0.30 fee per transaction.
- 78% of PayPal invoices are paid just within one day of sending the invoice. How easy, fast and convenient!!!
Below are the advantages of using PayPal invoice.
How to Pay a Money Request or Invoice
This is how to make money request or Invoice:
- First, you have to click Pay Now in the email PayPal sends to you.
- If you do not have a PayPal account, you can create a new one before you will be able to pay. If you do not want to create an account, you can pay using a debit or credit card.
Here is how to check your email inbox for an email from PayPal that includes the money request or Invoice.
- Tap on the “Pay Now” button in the email. (if you can’t see it, tap the link in the email, or copy and paste the link into your browser’s address bar.)
- If you have an account before now, key in your password and tap on “Log In” link.
- Go through the money request or Invoice, and thereafter, tap on ‘Pay Now’ to complete your transaction.
- To create a new PayPal account and pay using your new account, tap on “Sign In” and follow through with the instructions.
- To pay without creating a PayPal account, tap “Debit or Credit Card”.
In case you do not have the email sent to you, you can pay your money request or Invoice by logging into your PayPal account. The money request or invoice will be displayed in your activity.
How to Create an Invoice
You can create and send an invoice for free, plus there are no setup, cancellation or monthly fees.
To create an invoice:
- Navigate to the invoice tool on your paypal account.
- Tap on ‘tools’ at the toolbar on the top of the page.
- Choose ‘Invoicing’ and from there, you can decide to create and manage all your invoices.
- To create an invoice, choose ‘create invoice’ and Key in the email address of the person you are billing.
- Then you can fill out all the invoice details, like the description, the amount and currency being billed.
- Customize your invoice and either tap on “Send” to send it right away or Save as draft.
Above is how you can create a PayPal invoice.
How to Send PayPal Invoice Internationally
It is very simple to send an invoice internationally, all you have to do is:
- Create the invoice using your customer’s email address, and have PayPal send it right away.
If your customer has a PayPal account, PayPal will automatically translate the invoice and email notification into their language. In case your customer does not have a PayPal account, you can specify your customer’s language by tapping your recipient’s name or email, the select language.
PayPal Invoicing Cost / What are the Invoice Fees or Deductions?
PayPal does not charge fees for setting up and sending invoices, nor does it charge for canceling them. There’s also no monthly or fixed charge, but if your customer pays online, then there is a fee for each invoice paid:
Location of PayPal Sale | Percent of transaction | Currency conversion Fee | Fixed fee
Below are the transaction fees of a PayPal Sale.
- US-based normal sales | 2.9% of the transaction | $0.30.
- US-based eligibility charity sales | 2.2% of the transaction | $0.30.
- International Sales (US dollars) | 4.4% of the transaction | Fixed fee based on currency received.
- International sales (non US dollars) | 4.4% of the transaction | 2.5% of the transaction + 1.5% international transaction fee | Fixed fee based on currency received.
Above are the transaction fees.
PayPal Invoice International Transfer Fees & Currency Conversion
You will be required to pay fees if PayPal carries out a currency conversion for you. In most cases, the seller can decide if the buyer will pick up the costs involved with the International transfer.
Understand they could be a fee which depends on where the money is moving, and how the transfer is funded. Now, these fees are levied if you send or receive money.
If you hold a US-based PayPal account, international transfers using PayPal balance or from an associated bank account, then note that it will cost you at least somewhere between 0.3% – 2% of the total transaction amount, based on where the money is going. And that’s excluding the spread that PayPal adds on top of the wholesale exchange rate.
An international transfer using PayPal but funded by a credit or debit card would cost, even more, say 3.4% of the transaction amount if you are sending money to Australia, and 3.9% if you are sending anywhere else, with a small fixed fee based on the country you are transferring to.
Currency Conversion Fees
Added to the fees mentioned above, the exchange rate used by PayPal includes a markup added to the wholesale exchange rate. The wholesale rate, otherwise known as the spot rate, the interbank rate, or the mid-market rate –is the rate that PayPal gets from a third party when they convert currencies. This will also apply in any circumstance in which PayPal exchange currency on your behalf, be it sending money or invoicing an overseas client.
PayPal, on the other hand, takes the wholesale rate and adds a currency spread, which is an extra charge of 2.5%-3%, based on exactly what type of transaction you are doing.
How to Send an Invoice on PayPal
Below is how to send an invoice on PayPal.
- To send an invoice on PayPal, follow the steps above to create your invoice.
- Next preview it to make sure it includes all the details you need.
- Then click on the ‘Send’ button and have it delivered directly to your customer, using the email address you have already keyed in.
Above is how to send an invoice on PayPal.
How to Pay an Invoice Using a Debit or Credit Card
After receiving an invoice, your customer can decide how they want to pay it. If they already have a PayPal account, then they can choose to pay using PayPal balance or a linked account.
If on the other hand, they do not have an account, they can pay using a credit or a debit card, or better still choose to pay offline with cash, or a check.
Paying an Invoice Offline
If you desire to pay an invoice offline, then it means you will pay the invoice through another means other than PayPal.
How to Deliver Invoice via Your Own Email
Below is how to deliver an invoice via your own email.
- It’s simple; just access the invoicing tool in your PayPal account.
- Click on an invoice number or recipient name and view invoice details.
- Then tap on the “More” button to access the “Share” link option. This will provide a URL to your customer’s version of the invoice.
Above is how to deliver an invoice via your own email.
How safe is a PayPal Invoice?
PayPal offers protection to both buyers and sellers, based on the specific circumstances of the transaction. In case of any problem, buyers and sellers can use the PayPal dispute resolution center for help.
Once you reach out to PayPal, they will help to resolve the issue if possible, and if not, may issue a refund.
Small businesses now have a service that is pre-loaded with features that makes it easy for customers to pay them. You can now manage your billing and get paid virtually anywhere. As a customer, you can also make payment securely in just a few clicks and you can receive money in minutes.