PayPal Money gives you access to receive money when someone sends a payment to your email address or mobile number. With this service, once payment is sent to you, PayPal sends you a message intimating that you have money available.
With PayPal Money, you can easily access your money from your PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account direct from the Summary Page.
PayPal Money is a simpler way to pay and get paid. With over 200 million active accounts globally, PayPal has become a force to be reckoned with. More than 7 million businesses around the globe are now offering PayPal payment.
Partners and developers are not also left out as they work with PayPal to offer world class payment solutions to their customers anyway anytime with ease.
With it, you can sign up with just an email address and password, securely add your cards, and use the PayPal button to check out with just an email address and password.
Benefits of PayPal Money
- Send payments to almost anyone in exchange for goods and services. This you can do without sharing your financial information with the sellers. All you have to do, is use their email address, and they will get the payment in a simple, faster and more secure way.
- Add a card to your account, and simply login with your email address whenever you are buying something online.
- With just a few clicks, you can send payments to almost anyone in exchange for goods and services.
- Sending money with PayPal Money is much safer than carrying cash or sharing your financial information with the seller. This is because every eligible transaction, is protected by advanced encryption and a 24/7 fraud monitoring.
- When you make payment with PayPal Money, there are no hidden costs or processing fees. Although currency conversion fees may apply. Also in addition, your card issuer may charge you separately.
How to Receive Money with PayPal Money
You can easily access your money from your PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account by heading over to the Summary Page, and doing the following:
- Scroll to paypal.com
- Transfer the funds to your bank account, or
- Keep the funds in your PayPal account and use your available balance to send money to friends and family or to shop online.
Note that to accept the money, you will have to open a PayPal account, and confirm your email address.
How to Send Money with PayPal Money
With this service, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.
Use the following steps to have it done:
- Scroll to the secure PayPal website (paypal.com)
- First, tap ‘Send & Request’ at the top of the page. (paypal.com)
- Then choose from the 3 options.
- Key in the email address or mobile number to whom you are sending the money.
- Fill out the amount you want to send and tap ‘Continue’
- Read through and confirm the information on the screen and tap “Send Money Now”.
Understand that if you are buying something, you have to choose ‘Pay for goods and services’. To send money to a friend or family member, click ‘Send to friends and family in the US’ or Send to friends and family internationally’
PayPal will send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. In case they do not have a PayPal account, they can sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.
Note that once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction, so you are advised to check the details of the transaction carefully before you send it.
How to Add Money to your PayPal Money Account
In order to add money to your PayPal account from your bank account, you must first of all have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account (there are no fees with this option). Once you have all the requirements, here’s what you should do:
To Add Money from your Computer
- From your computer, scroll to the secure website (paypal.com)
- Tap on Wallet
- Tap Transfer Money
- Choose Add money to your balance
- Thereafter, choose your bank and fill out the amount you want to transfer and tap Add.
Adding Money from the PayPal App
To add money from your PayPal app:
- Tap open the app
- Simply tap PayPal Balance and then Add Money.
Normally, this takes 3-4 business days for the transfer to go through. Note that you can do this at any time and at no cost. You get an email each time a transfer is complete.
Add Money using a PayPal Cash Card
To add money to your account using a PayPal Cash Card:
- Start by applying for the card at the PayPal homepage (paypal.com)
- After you have received the card, you then add funds to your PayPal Cash Plus account by using your paypal Cash Card at more than 85,000 retail locations nationwide.
Reasons why you may be Unable to Add Money
You may be unable to add money due to the following reasons:
- You have not set up a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account.
- There is limitation placed on your account.
- If you get an error message, then this feature may not be available for you at this time. You can use either the Add cash option (available from the PayPal app), or send your money straight to the recipient via a bank account or a debit/credit card.
If you have not gotten the transfer a full week after you have requested for it, you should contact customer service, to get help.
PayPal Sign Up
PayPal offers two types of accounts that you can choose from. They are personal accounts and business accounts.
With a personal account, you can shop in your country and around the world from your computer or on your mobile, without sharing your financial information with the sellers.
The business account enables you to accept payments and send invoices to your customers. It offers you a more secure way of selling to anyone, anywhere, and at any time.
PayPal Account Sign Up
- Scroll to paypal.com/welcome/signup/#/email_password
- Fill out your email address
- Enter your First name and Middle name and Last name.
- Create your password.
- Confirm your password.
- Then, click on the “Next” link
- On the new page, enter your Nationality.
- Key in your address line 1 and Address line 2.
- Enter your Postal code – City / Town / Village / State / Province / Region.
- Fill out your Date of birth
- Enter your phone type – Phone number.
- Click on the “Stay logged in for faster checkout” box if you want to stay logged in. If not you can skip.
- Review, and agree to Paypal’s User Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Then tap in the “I Agree” to create your account.
PayPal Money offers you the easiest payment option you can rely on for a fast, convenient and secure transaction.