The Pecos Login feature requires your identity and management system, which is your user ID and password to enable you to gain access to your account. What is Pecos? Pecos is an online provider and supplier enrollment system used for the submission of Medicare enrollment applications and viewing and printing enrollment data.
However, it backs up the medicare provider and supplier enrollment process by letting registered users submit and manage medicare enrollment data safely and electronically. The platform launched an online service to make things easier and to reduce the stress members pass through.
Pecos Account Registration Process
Individual practitioners delegate or authorized officials for a supplier or provider company, people who work on behalf of providers or suppliers can register for an account. However, medical providers or medical suppliers must register for an NPI account before they can start enrolling with Medicare.
How to Register for a User Account
To register for a user account on Pecos, follow the steps below.
- If you want to register for a user account, all you need is to visit www.pecos.cms.hhs.gov/pecos/login.do#headingLv1.
- When you get to the page, scroll to the right corner of the page and move down to the section that says “become a registered user”. You will see a link that says “register for a user account”.
- Tap on the link to continue the registration process. On the new page, to access the Pecos identity and Access system page, select the “Yes” option.
- Go ahead and create a user ID and password, set up a user profile, and finally request access to the organization for Internet-based Pecos.
Above are the steps to create a new user account on Pecos.
Register an NPI Account on Pecos
Note; this account is meant for medical providers or medical suppliers, so if you fall under any of them, this is what you will do to register.
- Search for www.pecos.cms.hhs.gov/pecos/login.do#headingLv1.
- proceed to the right part of the screen.
- Locate the “become a registered user” field.
- Go down a little, and tap on the “register for an NPI” link, follow the onscreen instructions.
That is all you need to do to register for an NPI Account.
After creating an account, the next step is to access the account. You can log in to your account by providing the login credentials. What are the login credentials you need to access your account? Your identity and Access management systems are the User ID and password you created when registering for an account.
How to Login to your Pecos account
Follow the steps below to log in to Pecos.
- Visit the Pecos homepage by clicking on any of the links provided in the registration process above.
- Once you get to the main page, look towards the left side of the screen, and you will see the “User login” field. Kindly move to the login section and Key in your User ID and password.
- Navigate below and hit the “Log In” button.
That is it; you should be successfully logged into your Pecos account.
Recover my Login User ID and Password
If you can’t access your account due to a forgotten User ID or password, there’s no need to panic or worry. Simply follow the directives below to recover it.
- Proceed to the Pecos Login page.
- When you get to the login section on the left side of the page, you will see a question link that asks “forgot password” and “forgot user ID”
- To Recover or reset your password, click on the forgot password? Link and follow the onscreen prompt to regain your account password.
- To recover your User ID, Press on the “forgot user ID? Link, follow every other direction given to regain your User ID.
That is how to recover both your Pecos account user ID and password.