Pinterest Account – Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interest by posting images or videos to either their boards or others and browsing what other users have posted.
Pinterest was developed in December 2009, and the site launched as a closed beta in March 2010. Its also allows businesses to create pages aimed at promoting their companies online such pages can serve as a virtual storefront and most other social network, allow users to perform standard social networking functions such as following the boards of their friends, liking and commenting on other users pins, re-pinning content to their own birds, sharing others pins on Facebook and twitter via email and even embedding individual pins on their wee or blog.
Features of a Pinterest Account
- Pins – A pin is an image that has been linked from a website or uploaded. Pins can be saved from one users board and pasted to another’s board, the process is known as “repinning”
- Boards – Boards are collections of pinsdedicated to a theme such as quotations, travel or weddings.
- Following another user – the feature of following, Pinterest allow user to follow and unfollow each other as well as boards. Just like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Pinterest contains verified accounts. A verified account will contain a checkmark next to their domain in the search results.
- Promoted App Pins – Pinterest offers six types of rich pins that allow user to add additional information such as App pin, which enables user to promote their brand
- Sharing – user that wants to share a pin, board, or profile can do so on Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and text messages
- Home feed – when you log into your account in Pinterest you are taken to your feed, which you can easily refine
- Native video – user watch video on Pinterest, Pinterest is a video bandwagon, user can also create within Pinterest.
- Cinematic pins – it is used to promote pins
- Promoted video – user can expand the promotional video and view them on a new tab.
Benefit of a Pinterest Account
- Pinterest is ideal for showcasing your product or services. Due to its emphasis on visuals.
- Pinterest generate traffic to your site. It is a grateful source of back links on website, making it simple for brands to link their images back to their website or blog.
- Great for brand visibility. Pinterest makes it easier to reach a targeted audience.
- Pinterest build your corporate Identity. It is a social network, it creates a lifestyle for all brands that customers can relate to.
Pinterest Account Sign Up
- Sign Up – Go to www.pinterest.com and sign up with either your Facebook or Email that can link you to your Pinterest account.
- Create your Profile – you are required to create a username and password
- Create New Boards – before you start pinning you will have to create and name your own pinboards
- Add pins – user are to use “Pin it” button to add pin on your board.
- Open the Pinterest app
- Tap “Sign up with email – you may tap continue on Facebook and use your Facebook account to log in
- Type in your email address
- Tap the “ Next” button
- Type in a password
- Tap “Next” button
- Then, enter your name and tap on ‘Next’ button
- Next, enter your age and next your gender
- Then, tap on “Done” button
- Select atleast 5 topics and type on ‘Next’ button. Pinterest will begin to building your profile based on your selected interest.