Talking about how to Setup Snapchat, Snapchat is one of the most popular messaging apps, which is a convenient and fun way to send photos and videos. The Snapchat app was launched out in 2011; it allows users to add captions, filters, and drawings to their photos and videos. There are no options to have the snap last 1-10 seconds when you send it to someone or you can put it for infinity. However, once they click out of it, then it goes away. A lot will be discussed in this article, so therefore carefully read through without skipping any paragraph.
Snapchat broke out from the standard social media model of intermingling posts from your friends with posts from brands and publications you follow. It was been redesign “separates the social from the media”. So you also have access to two various types of content on two entirely separate screens. This was been approach creates a new type of social media ecosystem on a network that was already unique for its high nature.
Snapchat is a social media age where saving and preserving moments has become the norm, it found a way to go against the grain. Every moment temporary with the platform, what is shared is rarely saved and it’s about in the moment connections. Snapchat does allow it, users, to share temporary, self-destructing photos, videos, and messaging.
Setup Snapchat Account
In order, to set up a Snapchat account, follow these guidelines below.
- Download the free Snapchat app.
- Open the app and tap Sign Up.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Then tap on Sign up & accept.
- Type in your birth date and click on continue.
- Create a username or a name that represents your brand.
- After that hit on the continue button.
- Create your password and tap continue.
- Enter your email address and then click the continue button.
- Then a verification code will be sent to your phone number, then enter it in the app and tap continue again.
These are the steps to set up a Snapchat account.
Add Friends on Snapchat – Setup Snapchat
As you get to use Snapchat frequently, you’ll want to add new friends who are not in your contacts. I will show you how to friends in four different ways.
Add by Snapcode
- Firstly, take a picture of your friend’s Snapcode, or screen capture it.
- Open Snapchat app and then tap on the ghost icon at the top left of the screen.
- Click Add Friends.
- Click Snapcode to open your camera roll.
- Click the image of the Snapcode in your camera roll. Then Snapchat will scan the photo and add your new friend.
Here is the way to add by Snapcode.
Add by Username
If you want to know your friend’s by their username, then you can search for them instead of scanning their Snapcode
- Open the Snapchat and tap on the ghost icon at the top left screen.
- Click on Add friends.
- Tap on Username.
- Enter your friend’s username, then the Add button next to their name.
Note: on the Add friend’s screen, you can also choose to send your username to friends so they can add you up.
How to Accept a Friend Request on Snapchat – Setup Snapchat
Once someone sends you a friend request, you have to accept it before you are connected.
- Open the app and then tap on the ghost icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap Added Me.
- Click the add button next to your friend’s username to accept their friend request.
Here are the steps of how to accept friend requests.
How to create and Send Snap
For you to be able to view friends’ Snaps is fun, sure, but you’ll also need to know how to create snaps of your own. Whenever you open the Snapchat app, it goes directly to the camera screen.
How to take a Picture
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Then tap the screen for a second.
- It will display different features of Snapchat.
- Tap on any one of your choices.
- Click on the capture circular button at the bottom of the screen of your device.
That’s how to take a picture with Snapchat.
How to take Video
- On your device tap to open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on the screen of your device for a second.
- Then it will display various features at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the one to want to use for the video.
- Then hold on the capture button and a red marker will appear to indicate its recording.
NOTE: you can also drag the curricular button to the padlock button at the left-hand corner that is close to the circular button.