This is my favorite Spotify feature. I don’t really get why the Spotify android is my favorite feature on Spotify. I think it is because I use an Android device most of the time. Well, let’s keep that aside and talk about the Spotify android properly.
It may come as a surprise that Spotify is now available on Android devices. The official Spotify android app can be downloaded from the google play store on your android device. If you do not have this store on your Android device, you can also download it from the official Spotify website. Before using any of the Spotify apps, you must have an account. the Spotify android comes with a lot of features which you would find out when you start using Spotify.
Features of The Spotify Android App
The Android version of Spotify is really easy to navigate through. Even those new to the platform would understand how it works. Here are some features you can find on the Android version of Spotify.
- Spotify search: although this feature is also available on the other versions of Spotify, but the way this feature is designed in the Android version is very amazing. The Spotify search tab is located at the bottom of the app with a magnifier icon. Using this feature, you can search for new songs, pop songs, or any other category you wish to.
- Spotify playlist: Spotify playlist is another one of the features that make Spotify really great. On the Android version of Spotify, you can create your own playlist or listen to a playlist made by other users on the platform.
- Spotify premium: there is also the Spotify premium tab which allows you to stream unlimited music on Spotify without any ad interruption. But of course, you have to pay for the service before you can start using it. Although it offers thirty days of free trial for interesting applicants.
There are many other features that I can tell you but I do not want to spoil the fun. It is much better when you start using the app and get all of the features for yourself.
How to Sign Up for a Spotify Account
Signing up for a Spotify account is one of the major things you should bring into consideration when you want to start using Spotify. We all agree that Spotify is a great music platform for music lovers but you need an account to access any of the apps. Spotify cannot be used without the app on your device. Follow the steps below to create an account with Spotify.
- To successfully create an account with Spotify for free, visit the Spotify website at www.spotify.com.
- When the page loads properly, you would see a Spotify icon on the page. If your browser tells you that Spotify is not supported in your country kindly download and install ultra-surf for your device and launch it. After launching ultra-surf, refresh the page you should now see the Spotify website.
- On the Spotify homepage, click the signup tab located at the upper right corner of the display window.
- You would now be redirected to a signup form. Note that this form would request your personal data such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, and all others. I suggest you input the right information as this information cannot be changed again.
- Confirm you are human after filling the form and click the green “Sign Up” button at the bottom of the page.
Now your account would be ready with just a few more steps to take. Download the Spotify app by continuing the download section that would pop up. You can also skip this step if you wish.
How to Get the Spotify App for Android and Use it
Getting the app is a simple step to take. To get the Spotify app,
- Open the google play store on your device.
- Use the search bar to search for “Spotify”.
- Install the app by hitting the green install button on the new page.
After installation, click that same green button again. This time the button would say “open”.
- After clicking it the app would be launched.
- Sign in using your new Spotify account email and password.
Wait a few seconds and start streaming Spotify songs right from your Android device.