Spyware? the name sound scary already right? Have you ever heard of it? Do you know how it works? Do you know how to remove it? You have to keep on reading because in this article you are going to find the answer to all these questions.
Before you get deeper into this topic let’s know the definition of Spyware.
what is Spyware? It is a bad and malicious software stored on a computer without the user’s knowledge. The software will steal all your important information and Internet usage data and relays it to a different entity without your consent through cookies.
There are four types of Spyware: aware, system monitors, tracking cookies, and Trojans. Other popular ones are, digital rights management capacities that phone home, key-loggers, rootkits, and Web beacons.
How does it work
How does Spyware work? First of all, it is a computer program attached to your operating system in negative ways. They duck life out of your computer processing power. They can track your Internet activities, bug you with unnecessary sales offers, or generate traffic for their host website.
According to FaceTime communication reports, about 80% of all personal computers are feasted with Spyware. Some mistake it for a computer virus which is not so. A computer virus is a code designed to multiply itself many times among computers, destroying your personal files or the operating system. Spyware, on the other hand, is designed to enter your computer without permission, hide in the background, and make unnecessary changes in your system.
How do I remove Spywares from my Computer?
Spywares are hidden. It can be operating in your system without your knowledge. However, if you suspect Spyware you have to take the following steps:
- Get a good and robust cyber-security program for aggressive removal technology such as Malwarebytes. Thoroughly clean up your computer of Spyware artifacts.
- Next, after cleaning your system if you had stored vital information such as your bank details or password, reach out to your financial institutions and create awareness against fraudulent activities. You may also report breaches to law enforcement or make a public disclosure.
- If the rate of information stolen includes audio or video, images files you should contact local law enforcement authorities and report potential violations.
How to Prevent Spyware
To prevent your computer from Spywares, follow these steps.
- Avoid opening emails from unknown senders.
- Please do not download files except they come from a trusted source.
- Hover over links before clicking.
- Ensure you use a good cyber-security program to counter advanced Spyware. Use those ones that include real-time protection.
Above are a few of the steps you can take in preventing Spyware.