Have you ever come across the word Steam, if no then read this article to find out more about Steam. Steam is a game and educative platform for anybody. Steam can be seen as a digital store for games that can work both on Windows, Mac, and Linux devices.
There is a community portal where you can connect and communicate with friends to see the games they are playing, sharing screenshots and videos, users can play both cooperative and competitive multiplayer games.
Signing up for a Steam account is completely free and easy and also there are no charges to make before using the service. In addition to other facts about steam, steam is a store where you can purchase games.
And, also, it’s a desktop app that permits you to download and organize games easily. Once you create a Steam account, you free access to get forums, their guides, and reviews. A workshop on Steam where you can check out new games and steam chat.
How Does it Work?
Steam has a desktop app that works on your PC. It includes both the store, where you can make a purchase of the games, and then the Steam community including the Chat. In the application, you have access to most features through your web browser. You can make a purchase of games via https://store.steampowered.com and you can also access the community features through this same website.
How to Sign Up for a Steam Account
Creating a steam account is totally free and you can also complete the entire signing up process using a browser like Chrome, Edge, or Firefox and you would need an active email address. Follow the instructions below to sign up:
- Proceed on to https://store.steampowered.com.
- On the page, click on “Login”.
- Then “Join Steam”.
- Fill out the form next; type in your email address and re-enter below to confirm.
- Choose the country you are in.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code on the field provided below.
- Head to the Steam Subscriber Agreement, read the agreement and confirm it.
- Then click on Continue.
- A verification mail will be sent to your email, open the mail and click on “Create my Account”.
- Choose a name for the Steam account, type in a password, and then click on “Complete Sign Up” to create.
The account has been created successfully; the next step is setting up your profile so that friends can easily find you.
Follow below to set up:
- Navigate to https://store.steampowered.com and log in.
- Hit on your Username and click on “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit on the “Set up Steam profile” section.
- Then enter a name, country, and a custom URL.
- Hit on Browse to make an upload of your own avatar image or you can select one from the ones provided by the platform.
- You can link it with Facebook if you want.
- Enter a little bio on the Summary field.
- Then click on save changes.
Your account will be set up and will be made live to be seen by others.