Steam is seen as the best destination for play fans that are interested played, discussing, and creating games. Steam login is your account sign-in details. If you have a steam account, you can use the account login details to sign in easily and quickly.
If you are wondering how you can do that, then bother no more because I am writing this article to show you how you can log in to your Steam account and how you can create a new Steam account. But first, let’s know what Steam is all about.
Steam can best be said as a digital distribution platform of games and much other software. It was founded and developed by the Valve Corporation for making purchases and playing video games.
It also has a community portal where you can connect with your friends to see what their friends are playing, share videos and screenshots and also play multiplayer games. Steam account is free to sign up and use, there are no costs to pay before using the service.
Once you are registered on the platform, you will be giving access to many game forums, guides, and the Steam workshop where you can check out mods and the new game assets, Steam chat too. Steam login account helps you to publish your own personal games and if the community likes your game, it will be made available for anyone on Steam.
Steam Account Login
If you have an existing account with Steam, you can log in to purchase chat or play video games online. Follow below to do so:
- Proceed on to www.store.steampowered.com
- On the Sign-in section, enter your Steam account name and the password you used for the account creation.
- Then click on Sign in.
The account will be logged in on your device, the details are right.
Steam Sign Up
If you don’t have a Steam account, you can sign up for a new account easily and quickly. You can also set it up. It’s easy to join and also to use. If you wish to create a new Steam account, follow the instructions below;
- Open your device browser and then navigate to www.store.steampowered.com
- Click on the Login at the top of the platform.
- Click on Join.
- Fill in your email address and re-type it to confirm the email.
- Select the country you are staying in (country of residence).
- Then enter the CAPTCHA code on the text field provided below, on the “Enter the characters above” section.
- Read agree to the Steam Subscriber Agreements section and click on the box “I agree and am 13 years above” to agree and then click on “Continue”.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to your email address titled “New steam account email verification”, then open the mail and click on “Create my Account”.
- Then choose a Name for the Steam account and enter a password on the password field, re-type it below to confirm it and then click on “Complete Sign up” to create the account.
The account will be created and you can set up the Steam account with the Steam login ID.
How to Set Up a Steam Account
To set up the account, follow the simple instructions below;
- Go to the website at www.store.steampowered.com and then log in to your Steam account, if you are not signed in.
- Place your system mouse cursor on your User name displayed on the platform.
- Click on Profile, from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the “Set up Steam profile” icon.
- Enter a profile name for the account (it is advisable to use your real name if you want your friends to find you).
- Select your country, if you want it to appear on your profile.
- Then enter a custom URL for the profile.
- Click on the Browser icon to upload your profile avatar, you can use your own or you can select from the ones provided by the platform.
- Then click on the “Link with Facebook” tab, if you want to be able to locate or find your friends using Facebook on Steam easily.
- Enter a little bio of yourself in the “Summary Field”, if you want people to know about you.
- Click on the “Select Group” icon, if you are on the Steam platform to play games with friends or a community that has a Steam group that you can join to play.
- Then click on “Save changes” to save the setup process.
Setting the Steam profile is very important if it is a new Steam account because you can’t use the new account to send friend requests. So if your profile is set up and put in place, it will be easier for your friend to find you.
You would need to make a game purchase or add money to your Steam account wallet before you can send requests and also access the other community features and their market.