Are you looking for a place or a platform where you can easily and conveniently watch movies online with friends? If you are then I have the solution for you. The Internet has become a rightful place to get movies of your choice at your leisure. Even if you were not able to catch up with the live streaming.
Also, there are apps and websites that stream movies and TV shows live. These apps and websites also have a library where you can get movies after their release. There are browser extensions that let you host watch parties digitally.
Watch Movies Online With Friends
Just as mentioned in the previous paragraph, there are lots of platforms and websites where you can easily share and spread love among you and your friends when it comes to streaming movies online. And in a bit, I will be sharing some of these platforms with you. To therefore get the information you are looking for, continue reading.
Scener lets you video chat with your friends while watching Netflix, HBO Now, HBO Go (it does not currently support HBO Max), Disney Plus, or Vimeo; there’s also a text chat function. Previously, you could only use Scener with the primary profile for your Netflix account, but since the app was updated, you can now use it from any of your Netflix profiles.
To use Scener:
- Download the Chrome extension here.
- extension will ask for permission to read and change your data on Netflix and Scener, show notifications, and “communicate with cooperating websites.”
- Open the app by clicking on the extension’s icon (to the right of the Chrome address bar). If you can’t see it, click on the puzzle icon and you can access it from there.
- This will open up a window, along with a sidebar, which will lead you through setting up a watch party. Click “Create a theater” in the sidebar.
- You can choose to create either a private theater with up to 10 people, but everyone must be invited, or you can host a public theater with up to 10 hosts (with audio and video) and unlimited people watching (with access only to the text chat function). Make your selection (let’s say you want to create a private theater) and then click “Create.”
- You’ll get a window asking you to make an account. Click the “Create Account” button or if you have an account, click the button which says, “Already have an account? Log in here.”
- Enter in a username, email, and password to create your Scener account.
- You’ll get a notice explaining how Scener works. Click “Next.”
- Select the streaming service you want to use. Then, sign in to that service.
- Click on the button with a camera icon that says “enable” to turn on your camera.
- This will open up a pop-up window. Click “Allow camera and mic.” You may get another window recommending you use headphones. Click “Got it” at the bottom of the newer window, and then “All done” in the first pop-up. (You may get that headphone window again — just click on “Got it.”)
- If you hover over your video window, you’ll see the small camera and microphone icons. Click on those to toggle your video or audio on and off.
- Scener will give you the option to share either a link or a code with your friends. Click the “Copy invite link” button to get the link and send it to friends.
- If they don’t already have Scener, the link will send them to a page with a download link. They’ll have to install the extension, create an account, sign in to the service, enable audio and video, and then they’ll be added to your theater.
- If they already have Scener, just send them the code and they can enter that via the app extension to join your theater.
- Select a show or movie and click on the play button to start watching.
Scener has a virtual remote control you can pass to and from your friends. Whoever has it gets to control what everyone is watching; they can also rewind, pause, and play the movie or TV show — in other words, it acts like an actual remote control. To “pass” the remote, hover over your video window until a remote button appears. Click on that and then select who to pass it to in the pop-up window.
TwoSeven also has a video chat feature, but it supports more services. In addition to Netflix, you can use it to watch Amazon Prime Video, HBO Now, YouTube, and Vimeo. If you pay the subscription fee, you can also use the app with Hulu and Disney Plus. The subscription prices range from $5 to $20 a month, but because of COVID-19, TwoSeven is offering all of those paid features.
How To Host a TwoSeven Watch Party
- Download the extension for Firefox or Chrome. The extension will request permission to show notifications and read and change data on websites you visit.
- Create an account by clicking on the extension icon and going to the site. You will have to confirm your email.
- Click on the TwoSeven icon next to the address bar, then click “Go to twoseven”
- Click “Get Started.” Here you can change your avatar and username by clicking on the icon in the top right corner, to the right of the cog icon. Select “Account” to access your profile settings.
- Click “Start Watching.”
- You’ll get a pop-up window that lets you create a private room. Check the boxes to allow the other participants to have webcam and mic access or to only allow admins to control playback. If you’ve already added friends on TwoSeven, you can add them to your room here. Make your selection and then click “Just Me.”
- Click on the icon in the top right corner which has two people and a plus sign. Click on “Copy Link” and share that link with friends. Once you do, they’ll be added to the watch session.
- Click on the camera and microphone icons on the right-hand side of the screen to enable video and audio.
- There is also a live chat feature at the bottom of the screen. Click on “Messages” in the lower right-hand corner to open it.
- Click on the button for your chosen video source at the top of the screen. For Netflix, this will take you to your account’s home screen and you can click on a movie or show there to start watching. To watch YouTube videos, you’ll have to paste in the URLs.
Once you add someone to the watch session via a link, you can add them as a friend to make it easier to include them in future watch sessions.
To do that:
- Click the icon with two people (not the one with the plus sign).
- Find their name and click the icon with a person and a plus sign. This will send them a friend request; they will need to accept it.
- When you receive a friend request, you can accept it by going to the TwoSeven homepage (if you have an existing watch session open, make sure to open it in a different tab otherwise you’ll leave the session). Any friend requests should appear on the right-hand side under “Pending Requests.” Click on the green checkmark to accept.
Hulu Watch Party
Hulu’s ad-free plans now allow you to host a virtual watch party for up to eight people using live text chat within the service. While the feature is available with the (ad-free) Live TV plan, you can’t use the Watch Party feature for Live TV content or for content from premium add-ons. You can join from your own profile, which means that multiple people on the same account can use the Watch Party feature together. Users under 18 years of age aren’t allowed to join.
- Open up Hulu. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- Find a movie or show to watch. Not every video is available to watch using Watch Party. You can check if a title is compatible with the feature by looking for an icon showing three people in it on the Details page, next to “Start Watching.”
- Once you’re on the Details page, click on the Watch Party icon.
- Click “Start the Party” in the pop-up window.
- Click on the link icon to copy the link and send it to others so they can join your watch party (as long as they have an ad-free plan and are 18 years of age or older).
- When you’re ready, click “Start Party.” To add people later, you can click on the link icon in the top right corner of the chat bar.
- After they follow the link, your guests will log in and will see a message acknowledging they’ve been invited to a watch party. They can click “Join the Party” to watch with you.
Lastly, if you or your friends are out of sync, a blue button at the top of the chat bar labeled “Click to catch up” can be used to sync up your video.
More Related Stories
- Yify TV – Yify TV Movies Download | How to Watch Movies on Yify TV
- Movies Coming Out In 2021 – Movies Released in 2021 | Movies To Watch…
- Fmovies – Free Movies Online HD | Watch New Movies Online for Free in…
- 123GoStream – Watch Movies Full HD Online | Watch Movies Online | 123Movies
- Afdah Watch Movies Online: Download And Watch Hollywood Movies In HD