A lot of people are still confused about what Facebook is. So, on this guide, I will be answering the question they ask “What is Facebook?” Well, it is a social networking platform that was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg alongside his colleagues. It is one of the most popular and biggest social platform in the world with over 2 billion users. This platform started off as a student discover the site and was later changed to a site for connecting and meeting with friends, family, and colleagues.
The platform makes it very easy for users to connect, communicate and share with friends, family, and colleagues. On the platform, you can register for a profile to post comments, photos, video clips and also links. There are just so many things can do.
What is Facebook For
On the platform, there are some keys features that are really interesting. They include the following;
- It allows users to register for an account for free.
- It allows you to maintain a friend list and then choose a privacy setting to help tailor who can view the contents on your profile.
- You can make uploads of photos, videos and also maintain a photo album which can be shared with your friends.
- It supports groups, pages and businesses or brands can use the platform as a Social media marketing tool.
- You can stream free live videos on the platform using Facebook Live feature.
- Communicate with friends and of course, meet and make new ones.
- You can use the Marketplace to discover, explore, buy and sell locally.
There are more to Facebook. Above are a few lists what you can use Facebook for.
What is Facebook Username
Your username on the platform is a part of your public profile which others can find and add you up with. It is simply a web address for your profile. Your Facebook username is a variation of your name and you can decide to change it or use the one created by Facebook. Your username can be changed via your Account Settings. To find your Facebook Username, follow the instructions below;
- Log in to your Facebook account using a computer.
- At the upper right corner, click on the drop-down arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- Your account General Settings would be loaded.
- Once it has been loaded, Your username is the second item listed there.
You can edit your username to change it or use the one already there.
Facebook Account Sign Up
To access the platform and take advantage of the great features on it, you must sign up for an account. You can sign up using the mobile application or website. Signing up for an account is free and simple. Follow the steps below;
- Install and launch the Facebook mobile app or use your web browser and type in Facebook.com
- Type in your first name, surname.
- Select your date of birth from the options provided.
- Use your mobile phone number or email address to sign up.
- Choose your gender and create a password for the account.
- Hit on sign up.
The account would be created and then you would be sent a confirmation to use in verifying the account. The verification can come in as text or mail.
FB Account Sign In
If you already have an account with the platform, you can log in to your account t use the platform via the website or mobile app. Follow the steps below;
- Open the app or go to Facebook.com on your browser.
- Type in your phone number or email address and then your password.
- Hit on login.
The profile would be logged in and you will be on your newsfeed on the device.