Yahoo is a website that incorporates instant messages, search engines, email and a directory of World Wide Web sites organized in a hierarchy of topic categories. This is why we will be discussing Yahoo Account Sign Out. It is important to keep your account secure seeing the things you can do with the platform. Yahoo is also available in about 30 different languages. Yahoo, which was first founded in 1994, has grown really big and offers several interesting services.
Services like mail, News, finance, updates on sports, politics, entertainment, shopping, and advertisement are made available on Yahoo to its users. It is the 9th most popular site on the web.
Having a Yahoo Account allows you unlimited access to the services offered by Yahoo; the Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, Yahoo Sports and a lot more as earlier mention.
Having a Yahoo Account is a simple process. It requires only minimal basic information to help set up for you a profile. To create a Yahoo Account the following steps have to be followed correctly.
- Go to www.yahoo.com to open the Yahoo home page on your device.
- Check the top-right corner of the page, locate the “Sign in” icon and click on it.
- Click on “Create an account”. A page to Sign up would be displayed.
- Type in your first and last name.
- Type in the desired name you want to as a username for your Yahoo Account.
- Impute your password for the Yahoo Account.
- Specify your country and provide your phone number. (If you have any email address, you could use that instead. Your username would be repeated to create that of the Yahoo Account. Your Yahoo Account would also be verified through the email you provided).
- Impute your date of birth. Specify the month, type in the day and year.
- Type in your gender. This is totally optional.
- If you agree, click on “Continue”.
- Click on “Text me a verification code” and it would be sent to via the email you provided or to your phone number.
- Impute the verification code sent to you in the space provided for it and click “Verify”.
- A congratulatory note would be displayed on the next page. Click on “Let’s get started”. You would be redirected to the yahoo home page.
Congratulations! You now have a Yahoo Account. To access this Account, you have to sign in to it. Know also, that this process automatically creates a Yahoo Mail Account for you. The username and password to your new Yahoo Mail Account is the same as that of the Yahoo Account.
Yahoo Account Sign In
To sign in to your Yahoo account you just need to be on the Yahoo home page and kick it off from there. Yahoo Account Sign In is straight-up easy and fast. No long process is required for the Sign In as long as you have your correct username and password handy. This guide will show you how to sign in to your Yahoo Account with ease. Here are the steps to guide you.
- Locate the “Mail” or the “Sign in” icon and then click on it. This will take you to the Sign in page.
- Enter your username into the space provided and click “Next”.
- Impute your password and click on “Next”. You would be taken back to the home page with the “Sign in” icon changed to your profile icon.
And you are in! You can now send and receive messages, customize your account with color and arts to suit your taste, save shopping list and travel plans in your Yahoo Account. It is always advisable to add a recovery email in cases of lost or forgotten passwords and usernames.
Yahoo Account Sign Out Procedures
Once you are done with your Yahoo Account, it is important to Sign Out. The Yahoo Account Sign Out is just a process that helps you close your Yahoo Account to avoid unauthorized access to it. This is a vital step to take especially when you are not using a personal device. Always remember to Sign Out in other to keep your account safe and secure. For a Yahoo Account Sign Out, follow these few steps.
- On the home page, locate your profile icon and click on it. It is on the same spot where the “Sign in” icon should have been.
- Scroll down to the “Sign out” button and click on it.
You are signed out of your Yahoo Account. The “Sign in” icon is restored back. The same process is applicable to sign out of your Yahoo Mail Account.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Scroll down and click on “Sign out”.
Done! You will be automatically taken back to the Yahoo home page. There you can sign in at will into your Yahoo Account and Yahoo Mail Account.