Yahoo Mail How To Change Password: Want to change your Yahoo mail password? But don’t know how to? That is very easy, and in this article, we will provide you with steps to follow and change your password.
It is important to change your Yahoo mail password if you notice some unauthorized logins. Furthermore, it is relevant to update your email password regularly and to make sure it’s unique from the others you use.
Whether you’re using the Yahoo mail app or website, changing your password is very easy and fast. As long as you remember the password, you can change it. On the other hand, if you have forgotten the password, you can simply reset it.
The process is easy and as luck would have it, it takes just a few clicks or taps to change your Yahoo mail password.
How To Change Yahoo Mail Password From A Computer
As mentioned, you can change your password easily if you still remember it. So, if you are reading this paragraph, it means you remember and would like to update it. This can be done by using the link found in your account settings. Follow the steps below;
- Open the Yahoo mail website on your browser.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”. Once you’re redirected to the page, click on “Account info”.
- In the pane on the left side, click on “Account security”.
- Click on “Change password”.
- Now, enter the old password and the new password you want to change it to and retype it in the “Confirm new password field.
- Click “Show password” if you wish to see what you’re typing.
- To save the new password, click on “Continue”.
After a while, your Yahoo mail password will be updated immediately, and you can decide to log out of other devices.
How To Change Yahoo Mail Password On Mobile App
If you’re using a smartphone with the Yahoo mail mobile application, follow the guidelines below to change your password;
- On the app, tap on your avatar.
- Then tap settings and “Manage accounts”.
- Next, find your account and tap “Account info”.
- Tap on “Security Settings”. Note: you may be required to enter the password or use your smart device’s biometrics to proceed.
- Tap “Change Password”.
- Finally, type the password you want to update and retype it a second time to confirm.
- Lastly, tap “Continue”.
Just like that, the new password will be saved, and you might be logged out of other devices if you grant permission.
How To Reset Your Yahoo Mail Password
Earlier in this guide, we made mention of being able to reset your account password if you have forgotten or lost it. While changing and updating your account password is good, what if you forget the password? Well, that’s easy. Use the steps below;
- Open Yahoo and sign in.
- Type your email address or username and click “Next”.
- Now, click “Forgot password”.
- The platform will offer to send you a password reset link. The options given will depend on the contact information you have used in the account.
- When the reset link is received, follow it and provide the new password you want to use for your email account.
While resetting your password, it is beneficial to use a strong one with both upper and lower-class letters, numbers, and symbols.
We have come to the conclusion of this article. Hopefully, you will be able to change your password after reading it. In this post, we have shared the steps you can use to change your Yahoo mail account password. Furthermore, we listed the guidelines to follow and reset your account password if you have forgotten it.
Also, Check Out: