Every company advertises its brands on YouTube Ads because it’s the world’s second most popular website. YouTube has over 2 billion visitors monthly on its site. If you looking for how to allocate your video ad budget, YouTube has the vast reach and powerful targeting capabilities that can enhances your exposure to your target audience.
However, In this article we will take a look at YouTube ads format options, how to set up a video ad campaign, list up-to-date ad specs. Keeping reading to gather more information on YouTube Ads.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> FACEBOOK ADS PRICING | FACEBOOK ADS COST
Types Of YouTube ads
To start, let’s take a look at the different types of ads on YouTube, video and others:
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Non-skippable in-stream ads (including bumper ads)
- Video discovery ads (formerly known as in-display ads)
- Non-video ads (i.e., overlays and banners)
By now if you uses YouTube very often, you may have come across all these types of ads on YouTube.
Skippable In-stream video Ads
They Video Ads plays before or during a video. It is also called “pre-roll” or “mid-roll”. Their defining feature is that viewers can choose to skip them after the first 5 seconds.
As an advertiser, you only pay when viewers choose to keep watching past those first 5 seconds. Your ad must be at least 12 seconds long (though somewhere under 3 minutes is recommended). You pay when a person has watched the first 30 seconds, or the whole thing, or if they interact with your ad by clicking: whichever comes first.
TrueView is YouTube’s pet name for the payment type where you only pay for an ad impression when a user chooses to watch it. You’ll always see the term “TrueView” pop up a lot. And videos are easily customized to share a variety of content.
Non-Skippable In-stream Video Ads
A lot of advertisers uses pre-roll or mid-roll ads to run advert that do not have a skip button at all.
When should you do this? When you’re aiming for a wide lift in brand awareness, and you are confident that your creativity is strong enough to hold your audience’s attention for a full 15 seconds. Note that with non-skippable ads, advertisers pay per impression, at CPM (which is 1,000 per views).
At 6 seconds long, bumper ads are a snappy subspecies of non-skippable in-stream ad. They’re identical in that you pay for impressions, they show up as pre-, mid- or post-roll, and they’re generally best used for reach and awareness campaigns.
Discovery ads show up alongside organic search results. So if your video looks more relevant than the organic results, people can choose to watch it, instead. When compared with in-stream ads which function like a traditional TV commercial.
But discovery ads are more akin to the ads you see on Google’s search results page. This enable us to remember that YouTube is as much a search engine as a social platform.
Discovery ads include three lines of text along with a thumbnail. When interested people click on the ad, they’re sent through to your video page or YouTube channel.
Sidebar: Discovery ads are also a type of TrueView ad, because people must actively choose to watch them.
For example, Home Depot Canada has a series of 30-second discovery ads that surface when users type in relevant search terms:
For advertisers without a budget for video, YouTube offers non-video ads. Here are a few of them below:
- Display ads: appear on the right-hand sidebar, and include an image and text, alongside a CTA with a link to your website.
- In-video overlay ads: appear floating on top of video content from monetized YouTube channels.
In an ideal world, both of these ad types appear in conjunction with related content. Of course, that’s not always the case.
How To Advertise On YouTube
First, your video ad will live on YouTube, so start by uploading the video file to your channel. Make sure the video is public or, if you don’t want it popping up in your channel, you can make it unlisted.
Create your campaign
- Sign in to your Google ads account at https://https://ads.google.com/intl/en_CA/home/.
- Next select New Campaign. You will have to choose your campaign goal, based on your brand’s marketing objectives which may include Sales, Leads, Website traffic, Product and brand consideration, Brand awareness and reach.
- Or: create a campaign without a goal’s guidance. However, you can Select your campaign type.
- These include all forms of Google ads (including search results, text, shopping). So make sure you select Video or, in some cases, Discovery campaigns in order to show your video to audiences on YouTube.
- Do not forget to name your campaign in a way that allows you to easily locate, manage, and optimize it in the future.
- Define your campaign parameters.
- Select your bid strategy.
- Enter your budget by day or as the total amount you’re willing to spend on the campaign. Also enter the dates your ad will run.
- Select where your ads will show up: Discovery only (YouTube search results), All of YouTube (search results, but also channel pages, videos and the YouTube homepage), YouTube Display network (non-YouTube affiliate websites, etc.)
- Select your audience’s language, and location. You can choose to show ads worldwide, or target by country. Note that only 15% of your traffic comes from the U. S. A so it’s good to think wide.
- Choose how “sensitive” your brand safety guidelines are. More sensitive brands will have their ads running in a smaller pool of videos, which may drive up the price you pay. Therefore, how much profanity, violence or sexually suggestive content are you willing to have your ads run alongside?
Target your audience
If you haven’t created buyer personas yet, take the time to do so. The more you know about your audience, the better you can target them, and the higher your ROI.
- Demographics: This covers age, gender, parental status, and household income. But YouTube also offers more detailed life-stage data: you can target new homeowners, college students, new parents, for instance.
- Interests: Use topics and keywords to target people based on their past behavior (i.e., search topics). This is how YouTube helps you find people at crucial moments, like when they’re researching their next electronics purchase, or trying to learn how to build a website.
- Remarketing: Target audiences who have already interacted with your other videos, your website or your app.
Set your campaign to live. Enter the link to your ad, and hit the Create Campaign button to set your campaign running.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Instagram Reels – Instagram Reel Download | Instagram Reel App