If you’re looking for easy and effective ways to clean up your Mac mail storage and keep your mailbox organized, this guide is for you. This article is going to show you how to clear mail storage on a Mac, as well as the different sorts of email accounts.
Various email attachments consume most storage, including sent documents, files, and signatures from subscribed newsletters.
How to Clear Mail Storage on Mac
Once you open an attachment on your Mac, it automatically gets downloaded to your computer.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to delete mail storage on Mac:
- Do away with large messages or messages with attachments by deleting them. Or move the messages to a mailbox on your Mac.
- The saved attachment should be deleted. Select Message > Remove Attachments; the mail indicates the attachments were manually removed, but the messages remain in the mailbox.
- Your trash mailbox must be empty; recently deleted messages are still in the trash mailbox but have not been removed from the mail server. Choose Mailbox > Erase Deleted Items, then select to remove them from all accounts or a definite account.
- For POP accounts, you need to set a shorter retention period for message and attachment copies on the mail server before they are removed.
Choose Mail > Settings and tap accounts Click Advanced, and after retrieving a message, select another option from the pop-up menu to remove the copy from the server.
Types of Email Accounts
You can use different types of email accounts in Mail. Below are some of them:
- iCloud Accounts
- Microsoft Exchange accounts
- POP account
- IMAP account
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I stop Mail from using storage on a Mac machine?
Make a rule and set up conditions and actions to stop mail from using storage on Mac. The way you can stop Mail from using storage on a Mac machine
Why does Mail take up so much storage on a Mac?
Whenever you open an attachment received via email on your Mac, it gets automatically saved. Attachments can include documents, video files, logos, and signature images attached to marketing newsletters.
Is it possible for me to delete the mail app on your Mac?
Well, Apple doesn’t allow you to delete the mail app. but a third party can be used to uninstall it. You can also do so by disabling the system’s integrity protection.
What happens when email storage is full?
Every message and email that arrives in your mailbox when your storage is full will go back to the sender with a mailbox-full error message.
Also, Check Out;