Do you know that having a LinkedIn account is a great way to build your digital business? With your account, you can also find jobs and apply for them. If you’re yet to have an account, keep reading. In this article, we will be sharing how to create LinkedIn account step by step.
Creating a profile on the platform is very easy and fast, provided you have a stable internet connection and a smart device. The social media platform is for everyone interested and wishing to make their professional skills known to companies.
This social media platform is mostly for those looking for opportunities. There are plenty of companies using LinkedIn and searching for employees. Signing up for a profile is a bonus for you.
Having a profile on the digital platform is a big opportunity to make a professional network and get jobs. Whether you’re a marketing executive, a magazine editor, a business owner, or a student looking for an opportunity, LinkedIn is the right platform to spend time on.
You can create a free account on the LinkedIn app on your smartphone or using your computer or desktop browser.
Without much time wasting, follow the step-by-step instructions to create a LinkedIn account;
- You can start by installing the LinkedIn app into your device or navigating to https://www.linkedin.com/login
- Next to “New to LinkedIn” click “Join Now”.
- You can continue with Google or fill out the details shown.
- Type your first and last name
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Create a password and click “Agree and Join”.
- Next, a security check will pop up and after which a new page will display.
- Provide the required info such as your country, province, city, or district.
- Select “Next”.
- You will be required to fill in other details such as your work info or just click on “I’m a Student”.
- Proceed to enter the confirmation code sent to your phone number or follow the confirmation link on your email and click on “Agree and Confirm”.
Just like that, your new LinkedIn account will be created and ready to use. All that’s left is customizing your profile to the way you want it to look. You can edit and update whatever you wish to include, it is all up to you.
LinkedIn is global, you don’t know whom you could meet on the platform. Your best bet is creating an account and, in this post, we have listed a step-by-step guide on how to create a LinkedIn account. We hope this guide is helpful. What are your thoughts about using LinkedIn? Please use the comment box below to share your thoughts about the platform, we’d love to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create LinkedIn account?
It is simple to create a LinkedIn account. Here’s how to create an account;
- Go to the LinkedIn website or download the app
- Enter your name, email address, or phone number, and then create a password you will use whenever you want to log in.
- Click “Agree & Join”.
- Next, complete the additional steps as prompted to complete.
How do you use LinkedIn for beginners?
As a beginner on LinkedIn, do the following;
- Create and set up a page.
- Build your network
- Create attractive and engaging content.
- Finally, post consistently.
Is creating a LinkedIn free?
Creating a LinkedIn account is totally free; however, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account with additional features.
What do people use LinkedIn for?
LinkedIn is used to find jobs or internships, connect and strengthen professional relationships and also learn digital skills.
Is LinkedIn helpful for finding a job?
Absolutely. The social media platform is unquestionably the major platform for job seeking or hunting. There are employers and recruiters, so having an is at your best interest.
Also, Check Out