In this article, we’ll be showing you how to make money on Amazon in Nigeria. Amazon offers different opportunities or ways of making money.
Amazon is one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world, with millions of buyers and sellers. It offers a wide range of products, from books to electronics, clothing, and everything in between.
How to Make Money on Amazon in Nigeria
Amazon is a place to shop and a platform for entrepreneurs and businesses to make money. Check out the five ways to make money on Amazon:
Sell Products on Amazon
Selling products on Amazon is one of the most popular ways to make money on the platform. You can do lots of things on Amazon, from your handmade crafts to private-label products.
But you first need to create an Amazon seller account, which is free to sign up for. All you need to do is provide important information about your business and yourself. Then, if your account has been verified, you can list your product on Amazon.
Amazon has one of the largest affiliate programs in the world, and it’s called Amazon Associates. Affiliate marketing is about promoting other people’s products and earning a commission for every product sold.
For you to become an affiliate marketer on Amazon, you need to sign up for the Amazon Associates program, which is free to join.
Once you have joined, you can promote any product on Amazon by creating an affiliate link. Now you can promote the link via your website, blog, or any social media platforms.
Sell eBooks on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
KDP allows you to publish your book for free, and you can earn up to 70% royalties on sales. You can publish both fiction and nonfiction books.
But you either have to be an author or have writing talent. So, you can self-publish your eBooks on Amazon’s Kindle Direct publishing platform.
To begin, you need to create a KDP account, upload your manuscript and cover art and set the price for your book. Then Amazon will have to take a good look at your books to see if they’re perfect and make them available on the Kindle store within the next 1-2 days.
Merch by Amazon
If you have a knack for design and want to sell your creative work, then Amazon’s print-on-demand service is just for you. With this service, you can create your designs and sell them as T-shirts, hoodies, and other merchandise. You don’t have to worry about the printing process, as Amazon takes care of it all for you.
To get started with the service, you need to apply for an account and wait for approval. Once you’ve been approved, you can start uploading your designs and creating product listings. It’s that simple!
It doesn’t end there; when someone buys your product, Amazon prints and ships it to the customer, and you will earn a royalty on the sale.
Amazon Mechanical Turk
It is a crowdsourcing marketplace that grants access to businesses and individuals to outsource small tasks to a global workforce. These tasks could include data entry, transcription, and many more.
You can easily sign up to be a worker and earn money by completing every one of the tasks assigned to you. The pay for each task varies depending on your work rate or the amount of time that is needed to complete it.
Ways to Start Selling on Amazon and Make Money
Here’s how to start selling and earning on Amazon:
- Create an Amazon Seller account. You can select between two different types of accounts: individual or professional. An individual account is free to set up, while a professional account requires a monthly subscription fee.
- Think about what to sell: Almost everything can be sold on Amazon. So, you must carry out proper research on Amazon to know the products that are in demand and generate high profits.
- Source Products: You can source your product from manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors. Also, Amazon’s FBA service allows you to store your products in Amazon’s warehouses so they can be shipped to customers on your behalf.
- Create product listings; this works by providing a product title and description images. And pricing information. It is vital to optimize your product listings with important keywords to attract more customers.
- Control your inventory: This means you need to always have enough stock to meet demand. Amazon’s inventory management tool can help you track your inventory levels. So, you will be easily notified when your stock is running low.
- Promote your products: You can make use of Amazon’s advertising platform to create endorsement product ads and promote your products to a broader audience.
- Monitor your performance: Monitoring your performance will be a great benefit to you because you can track your sales, customer feedback, and reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Amazon make you a millionaire?
Yes, it can make you a millionaire, but it depends on the products you sell and how many things you manage. One thing is for sure: Amazon can bring you significant income.
Does Amazon pay weekly?
The frequency of payment depends on the type of Amazon seller account you have and the payment method you choose. Yes! Amazon pays weekly.
Does Amazon Payment Work in Nigeria?
Yes! You can use a virtual card to make payments on Amazon. You can pay with gift cards or vouchers.