Google Merchant center helps lots of online shoppers find, explore and purchase your products. With the help of services like shopping ads, shopping actions, and surfaces across Google helps place the right items for the right shoppers.
Google Merchant Center
It helps you to upload your item listings for use in Google Shopping, commerce search, and product ads. To sell your products on the platform you need to have a merchant center account. This will enable you to upload your item or product data.
The purpose of this center is for your product to display when someone is searching for your type of product on the Web. Moreover, to advertise your product on this platform, you must adopt the Google Adwords service where you pay for each click on your product ads.
Google Merchant Center Sign Up
Signing up for the merchant center is easy and can be done with the steps listed below. The process is free and fast.
How to Sign Up for Google Merchant Center
If you have an account on the platform, you don’t need to worry, just follow the simple guides below to get your merchant center account;
- Using your web browser, navigate to https://www.google.com/retail/solutions/merchant-center/.
- Click on “Get Started” to access the platform.
- Answer the questions that will be shown about the products you sell.
Now, all that will be left for you to do is follow the on-screen prompts that will be shown to complete signing up for the marketing tool. If you don’t have a Google account, then you need to create one.
How to Sign in to Google Merchant Center
Use these simple instructions to sign in to your merchant center;
- Use step one of the above steps.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Select “Sign in” again.
- Select or enter your Google account ID.
Use the instructions shown afterwards to complete.
Benefits of Google Merchant Center
The merchant center is a space that allows you to submit relevant and accurate ads for products on the shopping platform. This strategic marketing tool on Google offers the following benefits to its users;
- You get to be everywhere your shoppers or customers are.
- Feature your products in Shopping Ads campaigns to show your customers/shoppers what you have got.
- It provides your shoppers with a chance to buy your products.
- You get access to more solutions for your business campaigns.
With these awesome benefits, I don’t think there is anyone who wouldn’t want to use this marketing tool.
How to Create a Google Account
Use these steps to create a new account on Google;
- On your browser search for www.gmail.com.
- Wait for the home screen to display. When it shows, select the “Create an account” button.
- Fill in the required information in the empty box, then hit the “Next” tab.
- On the new screen, input your correct mobile phone number to receive a confirmation code. You have to make sure that you have access to the mobile number.
- Now, you will receive a message that contains a code on your mobile phone. Open the message and type it into the box provided on the screen.
- Scroll down, you will see the “Create my account” button, tap on it.
That is how to create a Google Account easily. Now let’s look at how to set up the Merchant Center.
How to Set up Google Merchant Center
To start using this platform for sales, you must set up your account; the steps below will direct you on how to get started.
Go to the merchant center official page and click on the “Get started” button at the upper right side of the screen. On the fresh page, scroll down a little and click the “Get started” widget for the second time. Now, follow the steps below.
Input your Business Country
You will be required to enter your business information and it will be used on every program you register for, so you need to provide this data once and for all. Choose your business country. the country you are to select is the country where you registered your business.
Enter your Business Display Name
On the next column key in your business display name. Your business name is the name that will appear when people are viewing your products.
Select your Time Zone
Move down and click on the Continue tab after entering your time zone as it will be used to calculate and report your performance metrics.
Upon your completion of this article, you are expected to know how to create a Google Account and set up a Merchant Center. We hope you find it helpful and also feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Google Ads Social Media Links
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Google Merchant Center?
Google Merchant Center is a marketing tool that is used to present you in front of your shoppers/customers. With the marketing tool, you will be able to meet hundreds of people who are interested in your product.
What is the difference between Google ads and Google Merchant Center?
Google Ads is where you set your ads budget and run your campaigns, while the merchant center is where your product feed is stored alongside your shipping details.
How do I access Google Merchant Center?
To be able to access the merchant center, you will be added as an account admin. The marketing tool can be accessed by different users provided they are given access to the center.
What is the benefit of Google Merchant Center?
With the merchant center, you get smooth integration with other products. Also, you can edit or update your product data.
Is Google Merchant Center the same as Google my business?
No. Google merchant center and Google My Business are different tools, but, they can be integrated to allow good oversight and control over the platform’s marketing and eCommerce.
Is a Google Merchant account free?
Yes, it is free to use, however, you have to pay for clicks on your Google shopping ads.
Can you sell digital products on Google Merchant Center?
Yes, digital products are allowed on the platform.
Also, Check Out:
- Google Wallet – Google Wallet App Android
- Record Google Meet Meeting – How to Record Google Meet Meeting
- How to Use Google Hangout – How to Use Google Hangouts on your iPhone
- Google Gift Cards – Google Gift Card Redeem Code