Google Merchant center helps lots of online shoppers find, explore and purchase your products. With the help of services like shopping ads, shopping actions, and surfaces across Google helps place the right items for the right shoppers. It helps you to upload your item listings for use in Google Shopping, commerce search, and product ads. To sell your products on the Google platform you need to have a merchant center account. This will enable you to upload your item or product data.
Google Merchant Center
The purpose of this center is for your product to display when someone is searching for your type of product on the Web. Moreover, to advertise your product on this platform, you must adopt the Google Adwords service where you pay for each click on your product ads.
How to Sign Up for Google Merchant Center
If you have a Google account, you don’t need to worry. All you need to do to sign up for a Google Merchant Account following the steps below.
- Visit the merchant center page at www.merchants.google.com.
- Locate the sign-in button at the top of the page and tap on it.
- Navigate to enter your email address and password and you are good to go.
However, if you don’t have an account with Google, you have to create one.
How to Create a Google Account
The steps to create a Google Account are listed below.
- On your browser search for www.gmail.com.
- Wait for the home screen to display. When it displays, select the “create an account” button.
- Fill in the required information in the empty box, then hit the “Next” tab.
- On the new screen, input your correct mobile phone number so that you can receive a confirmation code. You have to make sure that you have access to the mobile number.
- Now, you will receive a message that contains a code on your mobile phone. Open the message and type it into the box provided on the screen.
- Scroll down, you will see the “create my account” button, tap on it.
That is how to easily create a Google Account. Now let’s look at how to set up the Merchant Center.
How to Set up Google Merchant Center
To start using this platform for sales, you must set up your account; the steps below will direct you on how to get started.
Go to the merchant center official page and click on the “Get started” button at the right upper side of the screen. On the fresh page, scroll down a little and click the “Get started” widget for the second time. Once that is done, follow the steps below.
Input your Business Country
You are required to enter your business information and this information will be used on every program you register for, so you need to provide this data once and for all.
Enter your Business Display Name
On the next column, just key in your business display name. Your business name is the name that will appear when people are viewing your products.
Select your Time Zone
Move down and hit the continue tab after entering your timezone.
In conclusion, upon your completion of this article, you are expected to know how to create a Google Account and set up a Google Merchant Center.