Learning How to Use Google Hangout is simple. You can use Google Hangouts on Your iPhone And Android to send messages, make voice and video calls. Google Hangouts is an app for chat and it is part of Google G Suite. But can be downloaded by iPhone and Android. This article is for enlightening users on how to use Google Hangouts on both iPhone and Android. You can make voice and video calls with Google Hangout so do not be left out.
As I earlier mentioned, Google Hangouts is a chat app that is an integral part of Google’s G Suite. You can use this app to communicate with as many up to 150 persons at a time or create a video call with about 10 individuals. To begin, you will have to ensure that you install the Google Hangouts app and from the App Store and log in with your Google account.
How to Use Google Hangouts on your iPhone
To start using Google Hangouts on Your iPhone, here are the steps to follow;
- First, download and install the app from the App Store if you do not have the app on your phone.
- Launch the Google Hangouts app.
- Click the contacts widget at the button left side of the page.
- Click on the name in your contacts list whom you want to chat with. If the person is not part of your contacts, key in their email address in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Next, click on the “Done”.
- Then tap their email addresses.
- From the pop up menu, select how you want to communicate with a text message, video call, or voice call.
- Once you start chatting with a contact, you can add extra people
- Click the menu at the top of the screen by the right.
- Then in the pop up, click on the “create new group”.
- Add additional people to the group from your contacts list and then click the checkmark at the top right of the screen.
For new users, that is how to use Google Hangout.
How to Use Google Hangouts on your Android
Above is how to use Google Hangout on your android device.
- Open the Google Hangouts app.
- Click on the “Plus” sign.
- Select the contacts you want to invite to your Hangouts. You will have to sort your contact into groups, you can choose a group.
- In the screen that opens, click on the video icon at the top of the screen and intimate a one on one or group video call.
- Click the phone receiver icon to start a voice call.
- Send a message from the button of the screen. Use emojis in the same way as you can just like texting app. Messages are sent and receive instantly between groups or two users.
- For those participating in a video chat, they can use their headphones or earbuds to aid in reducing echo. Speak clearly into the microphone so everyone can hear you.
Create a Google Hangout Group Chat on iPhone
You can use the Start Hangouts button which is the green button with the plus sign inside it to create a group conversation quickly.
- Launch the Google Hangouts app
- Click the text button below the screen
- Click the “Start Hangouts” button
- If you want to begin a chat with any person, click the contacts in the contacts list.
- Or click on the “New group” and multiple people to your chat
- Once you are in a chat, you can click on the video or voice buttons at the top of the screen to change to the type of conversation.
Above is how you can create a Google Hangout group chat.