With a low interest rate, the Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card may be a solid option for those who regularly carry a balance. Or those who need a credit card for emergencies, but then again, there is no guarantee that you will qualify for it. It is designed to help you gain control of your finances.
The Navy Federal Platinum credit card stands out as a reliable choice for balance transfers, although exclusivity is a prerequisite, as it is reserved for Navy Federal Credit Union members. To assess its suitability for your financial needs, delve deeper into its features in this post.
Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card
Positioned as a low-interest credit card, the Navy Federal Platinum offers an enticing introductory deal on balance transfers, coupled with the distinct advantage of zero balance transfer fees. This combination renders it an appealing option for those seeking an effective balance transfer solution. The absence of an annual fee, coupled with a 0% intro APR and no balance transfer fees, further enhances its appeal.
Securing a credit card that seamlessly incorporates all these features can be challenging. Depending on individual circumstances, this card may prove beneficial for some, yet may not be advisable for others. Additionally, eligibility hinges on membership with the Navy Federal Credit Union.
While the 0% introductory period is noteworthy, it is important to note that this card does not offer any rewards. Therefore, if you prioritize reward programs, you might want to explore alternative options.
What are The Benefits of the Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card?
The Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card offers several benefits that cater to the needs of individuals seeking a reliable financial tool. Here are some noteworthy advantages:
- The card is designed as a low-interest credit card, making it a cost-effective option for individuals who may carry a balance from month to month.
- The card provides an enticing introductory offer for balance transfers. This feature can be particularly advantageous for those looking to consolidate and manage their existing credit card debt more efficiently.
- Zero balance transfer fees distinguish the Navy Federal Platinum credit card, offering savings for cardholders looking to move balances from higher-interest cards without incurring additional charges.
- Cardholders benefit from the lack of an annual fee, providing a straightforward and cost-effective credit card option.
- While membership in the Navy Federal Credit Union is a prerequisite, it grants cardholders access to the credit union’s broader range of financial products and services.
- The Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card can function as a reliable travel companion, providing a payment option without foreign transaction fees. This can be advantageous for those who frequently travel internationally.
How to Apply for NFCU Platinum Credit Card
Ready to apply for a credit card? Well, let’s share easy steps on how to apply. The application is seamless and fast, provided you have an internet connection. To apply for the Navy Federal Credit Union credit card, follow the steps below;
- Connect to a fast internet connection and go to https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/platinum.html.
- Click on “Apply” at the top.
- If you already are a member of the NFCU, sign in and complete the application form.
- Or simply click on “Become a member” to apply.
Remember that you must become a member of the NFCU to use the service and apply for the credit card.
How to Register for Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card Account
If you have a Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card, you can enrol for a card account online to access it whenever you want. Here is how to enrol for the platinum card online access;
- Go to the Navy Federal homepage.
- Click on “Sign In” at the top right side of the page.
- Then, from the sign-in page, scroll down and click on “Enroll in Digital Banking”.
- Now, provide your personal information.
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and Social Security Number.
- Next, click on “Continue”.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration on the Navy Federal digital banking.
How to Activate the Navy Federal CU Platinum Card
To use your Navy Federal Platinum credit card, you must first activate it. The activation process is easy; however, it can’t be done online. To activate your NFCU platinum credit card, call the customer service number on the card. At the time of activating the card, you will be required to select a four-digit PIN.
How to Log Into CU Platinum Credit Card Account
Your card account gives you access to your account whenever and wherever. It allows you to manage and make transactions without going to the nearest ATM. To log into your platinum credit card online account, follow the directives below;
- From the Navy Federal card page, click on Sign in at the top.
- You will be redirected to the digital banking page.
- Now, provide your card login details, username, and password.
- Then, click on “Sign In”.
Your credit card account will be loaded on the device. Once the Navy Federal Platinum credit card has been logged in, you can access the services and continue from where you stopped.
How to Recover CU Platinum Card Login Account
Forgotten your Platinum credit card login details? Don’t fret; you can easily recover your password or username back. Use the directives below to recover your card account;
- Select “Sign in Help” from the Sign In page.
- You will be redirected to the Navy federal account recovery page.
- Select your card or account number type and input the number with no dashes.
- Enter your date of birth and your Social Security Number.
- Last but not least, click on “Continue” to proceed to the next page.
You will be guided through the prompts that will be shown afterwards to recover your Navy Federal card login.
Navy Federal CU Platinum Credit Card Customer Service
If you have a question or need help with a service or your credit card, you can connect to the Navy Federal Credit Union help service. To reach the customer service centre, visit the Contact Us page under “Member Support”. From there, select the means you want to use to reach the Navy Federal customer centre.
The Navy Federal CU Platinum credit card is a worthy option for those with average credit and on the search for a balance transfer card. As a member of the NFCU, getting the platinum card will help you with money on interest.
A downside is that you won’t be able to earn rewards for your spending. Before deciding to apply for this card, ensure to make your calculation of your credit card needs. We hope you find this article helpful enough to share on your social media accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Card charge foreign transaction fees?
Fortunately for cardholders, the Navy Federal CU platinum card comes with no foreign transaction fee or annual fee. Also, there are advance fees to make or balance transfer fees. It means you can use the card without worrying about paying transaction fees.
What is the Navy Federal platinum credit card limit?
The credit limit on a Navy federal platinum card is between $500 and $50,000. For starters, every cardholder is guaranteed a minimum limit of $500 and if you are trustworthy, your credit limit will be increased.
What is a Navy Federal platinum credit card good for?
The Navy Federal Platinum credit card is good for people who want to take advantage of its low-interest rate. Also, if you wish to carry a balance from month to month or a backup emergency savings, the platinum card is a great choice.
What credit score is needed for a Navy Federal platinum credit card?
To be eligible, you need a credit score of at least 700 or greater. Nevertheless, if you have other accounts with Navy Federal, you may be able to open an account with a lower score.
Is Navy Fed platinum worth it?
Yes, it is if you are seeking a break in high-interest debt. The Navy federal platinum card is packed with triple zero money-saving features; 0% intro APR, 0$ annual, and 0$ in balance transfer.
What is the easiest credit card to get with Navy Federal?
The easiest card you can get with Navy Federal is the Navy Federal Credit Union rewards Secured Credit Card.
Also, Check Out: