Discover It Miles credit card is a card that stands apart from every other Discover card as the only travel card in the issuer’s portfolio. Well, it still works remarkably similarly to its cash-back siblings. Rather than using your miles to book travel, you can redeem them for statement credits that cover a wide variety of travel purchases.
If you wish to know more about reading this card, you just have to read through this page. All the information you need to know about this card will be available right on this content.
Regarding this great card, this approach to travel miles already makes Discover it Miles a solid low-cost card if you’re looking to dip your toes into travel rewards, but what gives it an edge over rival cards is its 1:1 value for all redemption options, including cash back.
This rewards program makes it a fantastic option if your future travel plans are uncertain and you want a backup plan for your rewards
Discover It Miles is a travel credit card that is also great for everyday purchases. It’s accepted at 99% of places that take credit cards nationwide, according to the Feb. 2022 issue of the Nilsson Report.
Use Discover it Miles like travel credit cards: purchase airfare, hotel stays, and car rentals. But you can just as easily use it for groceries, gas, and paying bills.
Discover It Miles Card Benefits
The Discover It Miles Card offers lots of exclusive perks and benefits to cardholders. If you are looking to know the benefits of this card, below we will be disclosing some important benefits you need to know about the Discover It Miles Card:
- No Annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Miles earned during the first year are matched at the end of the year in place of a normal welcome bonus.
- And miles can be redeemed for travel or cash back at the same rate.
- Zero fraud liability.
- Free FICO scores every month.
Now you know that the Discover It Miles Card has impressive benefits and know if it suits you.
Discover Its Miles Card Requirements to Apply
Before you proceed to apply for any of the cards, you must know the requirements. This would save you time and also help you check if you pre-qualify. The requirements for the Discover Its Miles Card offered by Discover Bank include
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- A social security number is required.
- Lastly, applicants should have a verifiable source of income as well as proof of income.
With this, you should be able to know if you are eligible to apply for any of the credit cards.
Discover It Miles Card Application
If you pre-qualify for any of the credit cards, you can go ahead to apply. Discover Bank has made it easier for students to apply for any of the cards. You can simply apply online. If you want a detailed guide on how to apply for the Discover Chrome Credit card, you should keep on reading.
How to Apply for Discover It Miles Card
To carry out this action, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Go to https://www.discovercard.com/application/website/apply?srcCde=GJX4&ICMPGN=travel_apply_now_header_btn on your web browsing
- You will be asked to enter your Zip Code, the last four (4) digits of your social security number, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) and click on continue to the next step.
- If you click continue, you can follow the onscreen process, but if you click skip,
- You will be taken to another page to select your card design.
- Fill in your “Name”, “Home Address”, and “Date of Birth” in the required fields.
- Appropriately enter your “Year in college”, “Monthly Housing/ Rent Payment”, “Total Gross Income” and “Email address”.
- Read through the Discover It interest rate on the page.
After this, go through the details you filled in again to correct any errors and click on the” Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
New Discover It Miles Card Activation
Once your card application is successful and you have received your credit card in the mail, The next step to take is to activate your card. The card activation is the most important step to take after applying. Without activating your card, you cannot use your card.
Steps to Activate Discover It Miles Card
If you have just received a Discover Miles Card, you must activate it. However, you should know you cannot use this card until you start it. The steps below will guide you on how to start it:
- Type in card.discover.com/cardmembersvcs/acctxfer/app/Home?ICMPGN=SA_LOGIN_OVERLAY_ACTIVATE on your web browser
- On the load-up page, you will be asked to Fill in the text form with the following information.
- 16-digit Card number.
- Card Expiration Date.
- 3-Digit sequence ID.
- Date of birth.
- The last 4 digits of your SSN.
- choose captcha.
- Then, enter the text that’s shown above.
- Hit on the “Continue” button.
Follow the rest of the screen instructions to complete the process. If you don’t want to activate the card online, you can contact Discover card customer service.
New Discover It Miles Card Account Sign Up
If you have not registered your card for online access, you should do so if not, you will not be able to log in to your card account. This is because you would be able to access your account, manage it, make payments, and carry out other transactions without having to visit the bank.
How to Register to Discover It Miles Card Account
The steps below will help you register your card on the Discover Bank online platform:
- Go to your web browser and search for www.discover.com/register-account/.
- Under credit cards, click on “Register Now”.
- Enter your “Card Number” and “Expiration Date” in the required fields.
- Fill in your “Date of Birth” and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Select a Captcha and enter the text shown above.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to successfully register for an account online.
Discover It Miles Card Login
After you have registered for an account, you can log in at any time to pay your bills and view your transaction history. Logging in to your Discover it Miles Card account is quite easy and this article will teach you how. So, keep on reading.
How to Login to your Discover It Miles Card Account Online
Follow the steps below to access your account online:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- The browser and search for www.discover.com/.
- on the top right corner of the page, the login section is indicated there.
- All you need to do is enter your “User ID” and “Password”.
- Click on the “Login” button.
With this, you will be able to access your account on the website.
Forgot your Password or user ID for your Discover It Miles card?
Here are the simple steps you need to follow if you want to recover your User ID or Reset your password:
How to Recover Your User ID/ Reset Your Password
- Type in https://card.discover.com/cardmembersvcs/registration/reg/goto?forwardName=forgotUserIdPwd on your web browser.
- Provide the following details in their appropriate fields.
- 16-digit card number.
- Card expiration date.
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 Digits of SSN.
- Choose Captcha and enter the text shown above.
- Hit on the “Continue” button.
Those are the easy-going guidelines you need to follow if you want to easily recover your User ID/Reset your Password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I use the Discover It Miles Card?
As a general travel card, the Discover it® Miles gives you a lot of flexibility. You can redeem your miles for credit against any travel purchase made with the card — flights on any airline, stay at any hotel, and car rentals from any company. But if you’d rather have cash, discover it Miles won’t let you down.
Do Discover Its Miles Expire?
Will my Miles expire? Rewards have no expiration. We will credit your account with your rewards balance if your account is closed or if you have not yet used it within 18 months. See Miles’s Terms and Conditions for details.
How Much are Discover it Miles Worth?
Want to know the value of a Discover Mile? Well, the truth is Discover miles are worth 1 cent per point, with the Discover its Miles Card earning 1.5 miles Per $1 spent. What this means is that you effectively earn 1.5% back in value on all your purchases.
How Many Miles Do I Need for a Free Flight from Discover?
You will need 100 Discover miles for every $1 of the flight’s cost. Discover miles are Worth 1 cent each when it has been redeemed for airfare. So, if a flight costs a certain amount of money, you have to redeem certain points, so you can be able to cover the entire cost of the ticket.
What is the Difference Between Discover it and Discover it Miles?
Discover it Mile’s matchup is how you earn rewards on purchases. With Discover, you get 5% cash back for spending in bonus categories that change every few months, plus 1% everywhere else.
Where can the Discover It Miles Card be Accepted?
Discover is accepted globally in about 99% of the places that take credit cards. Now you know if the Discover Its Miles Card is accepted everywhere or not.
Do Discover Points Expire?
No, your rewards never expire. They will credit your account with a cashback bonus balance if your account is closed or if you have not used it for about 18 months.
Can Discover Miles be Used on Any Airline?
Discover it Miles. Gives you a lot of flexibility. For instance, you can redeem your miles for credit against any travel purchase made with the card – flight on any airline stays at any hotel, car rentals from any company.
Are Discover Miles Miles?
Well, the answer is no; discover miles are not actual miles. The Miles earned with the Discover it Mile card can only be put towards statement credit to reimburse you for travel purchases.
Also, Check Out: